Ferreting

Guest Barneyboy

Guest Barneyboy

Lost my hob down a burrow for a couple of days,now I have got him back he is covered in ticks, spoke to the vet and he suggested rubbing vasaline on them, also covering the ferret with olive oil. I am open for any other suggestion.I have taken about 10 off with surgical spirits and tweezers but he is getting a bit pissed off with it ( the ferret that is )

hope someone can help.

Lost my hob down a burrow for a couple of days,now I have got him back he is covered in ticks, spoke to the vet and he suggested rubbing vasaline on them, also covering the ferret with olive oil. I am open for any other suggestion.I have taken about 10 off with surgical spirits and tweezers but he is getting a bit pissed off with it ( the ferret that is )

hope someone can help.

surgical spirit the fuckers of works well , an a tic remover . horrible f****n things

Guest Barneyboy

I had a word with the vet about Frontline and he said it was not approved for use on ferrets and it could cause the ferret some problems :(

I have started to use hay and I think this might be the cause of the problem , it might have been infested with the eggs. my old ferret seems to be O.K. :good:

I had a word with the vet about Frontline and he said it was not approved for use on ferrets and it could cause the ferret some problems :(

I have started to use hay and I think this might be the cause of the problem , it might have been infested with the eggs. my old ferret seems to be O.K. :good:

frontlines ok mate ! ! !

We have on average 40+ ferrets in at any time, and would only use Frontline now. Our vet explained it was not tested for ferrets but to use just one drop on each ferret. It works very well indeed, and works over a long time. We have never had any problem with it. Its the quickest way of getting rid of all pests and bugs.