Found one, lost one but, had a bloody good evening.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The shot was taken from those darker trees in the background - I was chuffed to bits with it

The dogs went mental when I got home last night because they could smell the rabbit   One of their favourite treats is the liver, kidneys and heart, lightly fried.   It makes me l

No, 120yrds is taking the piss.  ....... I wouldn't use sub 12 on anything over 110yrds     Them Primos are a god send at any time - my scope image looks like I've got Parkinsons

Posted Images

On 08/08/2018 at 17:30, The one said:

Nice going mate it always leaves a bad taste when you loose a dead one but the covers still crazy 

The cover is mental down here at the moment with the heat and rain - there's stinging nettles as high as my face on some of my usual routes at the moment.

On 08/08/2018 at 22:25, David.evans said:

I'm glad John that you have  found the combo  that suits you mate 

happy hunting for the future 

Atb pal 

Dave 

Cheers Dave :thumbs:

To be honest mate, I think I was daft to consider changing it.

On 09/08/2018 at 16:54, big napper said:

Nice one jon, some nice shots by the sound of it mate

On 10/08/2018 at 12:30, j j m said:

nice shooting jon mate

On 10/08/2018 at 15:00, mark williams said:

Nice write up and nice shooting Jon :good:

Compliments mate, :hi:

atb  Mark.

Cheers chaps :thumbs:

Time spent mapping out my reticle really worked well that evening :yes:

On 10/08/2018 at 18:18, si brown said:

recon you did well to get on the two you got jon... that ground looks rock hard and mega crunchy!

looks like your a nitesite kid for life! 

have you taken the atn back and thrown it at the bloke yet?!

Cheers Si :thumbs:

It's actually not that bad up there mate - the brown grass is pretty short so, it doesn't make much noise.

...... It's under the trees where the twigs and leaves are that's really crunchy if you're not watching your steps.

The RFD will look after me all right mate :thumbs:

....... I can't get in there yet though - the place caught fire at the start of July - they're still trying to sort it out now.

....... The firefighters must have had some bollocks to go in there while it was burning :blink:

4 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Nice result ,and good the "word" on what nice eating rabbit is goes well where you work .Dont forget ATN =american trash nightnon-vision

Cheers mate :thumbs:

They're a pretty good bunch at work - it's nice to see them try and like new things :yes:

2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers Si :thumbs:

It's actually not that bad up there mate - the brown grass is pretty short so, it doesn't make much noise.

...... It's under the trees where the twigs and leaves are that's really crunchy if you're not watching your steps.

The RFD will look after me all right mate :thumbs:

....... I can't get in there yet though - the place caught fire at the start of July - they're still trying to sort it out now.

....... The firefighters must have had some bollocks to go in there while it was burning :blink:

Feck that... bullets over broadway ?

• Like 1

Nice one John.

I added a Wolf to my Viper for longer range and well pleased with both. I was going to sell the Viper but in all honesty it performs better at close range so has become the ratting nv and the Wolf for the rabbits over stubble etc. 

As my right eye is not so good these days, the Nitesite allows me to shoot with both eyes open which may in long term be the only way I can shoot if things get worse. Good job it doesn't seem to have any effect on my clay shooting.

Phil

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, philpot said:

Nice one John.

I added a Wolf to my Viper for longer range and well pleased with both. I was going to sell the Viper but in all honesty it performs better at close range so has become the ratting nv and the Wolf for the rabbits over stubble etc. 

As my right eye is not so good these days, the Nitesite allows me to shoot with both eyes open which may in long term be the only way I can shoot if things get worse. Good job it doesn't seem to have any effect on my clay shooting.

Phil

Cheers Phil :thumbs:

Yeah, I hope you're sight doesn't get any worse mate ?

You might have just hit the nail on the head - I prefer to shoot with both eyes open, maybe that's why I get on better with screens.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...