Rabbit cage traps.

I used 11 traps for 2 weeks in the end and still only had 1 which the fox had. Someone has tried 25 down my local golf course I ferret, but they only had 1 mink. They are just piled up now. Its funny how some places do well and others dont.

• 2 months later...

I have spray painted my cage traps camo green and also placed a small piece of carpet in entrance covered in dirt  so the rabbit dosen't feel the wire under its feet when going in. If it makes a difference Ill let you know, going to use carrot , sweet corn on cob and apple  after a good prebait. latest job can leave traps down so will prebait for a week

I know a Shepperd in Linc's who sets a lot and catch's a lot too when he puts them out he doe's not put them in a straight line more of a half Moon  because a Rabbit  will have to pass two traps  to get back he never bother's with that pre baiting nonsense just chucks em down and visits twice a day ,  I have noticed that he likes to get them well out in the field perhaps this is to avoid foul ground , never has much to say but he's been at it for thirty years that  I know to perhaps his secret is old traps ??? he found my mates ferret once  after it had been missing for 3 months , nice chap I think Tomo knows him .

• 3 weeks later...

Well success!!!  third rabbit job  this winter . Down to prebait ?? probably not but caught 24 rabbits in ten days cages  plus five in fenn 6. Also got a stoat  and a rat!!!

The property is only an acre or so but surrounded by woods fields and bramble patches , most Ive ever had. Owner was happy for me to set traps out (Fenns dug in on safety) but didnt want set as guests had a dog. So ten minutes every other day and threw some carrors / apples in cages and left . After guests gone cages set , Caught young rabbit in one of the first traps I set before I had set the last, six next morning and so on. Numbers trailed off although two on last night. The stoat was a shame  although small holder nearby has chickens and so may have saved some poultry. Mr rat got a high speed lad breakfast in the morning !!

Ordered some bolt traps also. Some body grips 116 also on order .

This particular site is also going to get four nite vision shoots  last rabbits either dont like vegatables and fruit or are trap shy!!!!

IMG-1591.JPG

IMG-1623.JPG

IMG-1631.JPG

Edited by Staffy1