Shooting stick (rest)

Any body use a stick of some sort to rest the gun while shooting when standing? I am taking a stick with a V shape to rest the gun in or a smaller length of stick to use while sitting,not bipods.

1 hour ago, The one said:

i just use a long stag horn topped stick , got into the habit when i was stalking and  never thought about using anything else 

Think I am going to try that because there’s not always something to rest on,I will look for a nice light hazel stick today.

As well as leaning on to shoot , we tied a rope onto it and the red deer and used it to drag them . used it to test the depth of water and  parting nettles to walk threw etc  try that with trigger sticks LOL 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Or he can just shoot off the knee any way

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

If I’ve nothing to lean on I try to shoot of my knee but it’s not always possible at this time of year with nettles & thistles etc so I thought I would give a stick ago,I’ve cut a hazel stick with a fork,I’ve put some hose pipe over over each fork so it doesn’t scratch the gun and give it a try in the garden it’s seems ok, I test it in the field tomorrow ?.

• Like 1
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:55, Str said:

Any body use a stick of some sort to rest the gun while shooting when standing? I am taking a stick with a V shape to rest the gun in or a smaller length of stick to use while sitting,not bipods.

It down to situation and need, I have very rarely found a need, so the trade off carrying one all the time doesn't work me.

I can very commonly find some support if required and I have a bipod attached almost all the time to my rifles anyway!

Edit …...Just noticed this is Air Gun section, do you actually mean sticks for Air Rifle?

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

I`ve never walked around shoots with shooting sticks as a fence post or tree trunk, etc, does me fine.

Moving onto static hunting, hell  i wouldn`t be without my Primos shooting sticks.

I like, as best, natural hides and my shooting sticks are topped with a two point gun rest.

Springer or pcp, if you`ve trained and practiced accordingly your bags will be considerably improved.

IMG_0812.JPG.3f37460de644cfb5b0a5ddce668c174d.JPG

On walking STR i would use a Primos bi-pod, i can`t recommend these sticks enough mate, for whatever scenario.

Not sure if you are familiar with the Primos mate but " trigger stick" means by the touch of a trigger on the sticks you can " silently and instantly adjust the height of your sticks to your shot requirements.

Static hunting, for me, Primos tri pod, generation 2 or three and two point gun rest are an absolute must have piece of equipment.

1920278182_IMG_0676(1).JPG.2c642dd03a831d62e1db2e984511e0d1.JPG

Good luck  Mark.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Deker said:

It down to situation and need, I have very rarely found a need, so the trade off carrying one all the time doesn't work me.

I can very commonly find some support if required and I have a bipod attached almost all the time to my rifles anyway!

Edit …...Just noticed this is Air Gun section, do you actually mean sticks for Air Rifle?

Yes sticks for air rifle.