Beautiful summer`s evening with the old 77.

Went out again tonight with Kaiser and the HW 77.

We got settled,i had a full leaf suit on and watched and listened to the wildlife.

Have you ever heard one of those bird song dvd`s ? It was just lovely to sit there totally  unnoticed.

Anyways, the 77 has it`s final zero in place and is now "blisteringly accurate".

One presentation in a 2 hour wait but boy did this 77 take it`s chance well.

Lovely evening in the nursery woods lads, with a bonus, - loved it.

IMG_1166.thumb.JPG.817bc67a02835b1491bfa558de40edbb.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 6

Here`s one for you Jonjon,

That scope is a Hawke sport 4-12 x 50 on a set of high Sports Match, or should i say, i believe them to be sports match mounts ?

The Hawke scope became redundant from my HW100 KS the minute i bought the Air Max scope.

As a temporary fix i put the hawke Sport on the 77 and feck me it`s like a match from heaven and i`m now very reluctant to change what seems to be a very, very good combination.

For me, that Hawke Sport punches well above it`s price tag.:good:

Yes ONE, well controlled now thank`s.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, mark williams said:

That scope is a Hawke sport 4-12 x 50 on a set of high Sports Match, or should i say, i believe them to be sports match mounts ?

The Hawke scope became redundant from my HW100 KS the minute i bought the Air Max scope.

As a temporary fix i put the hawke Sport on the 77 and feck me it`s like a match from heaven and i`m now very reluctant to change what seems to be a very, very good combination.

You can't fault what works mate :good:

The 100 and Airmax Combo is a good pairing :yes:

From your previous posts, I was expecting to see a proper retro 80s scope and mounts on that 77 - maybe something in gloss black with a TV style view :hmm: :thumbs:

The mounts you've got on there at the moment are definitely BKLs - there's nothing wrong with that, they're top class mounts, if a little out of place on such a nice classic (in my humble opinion) :thumbs:

by the way, good shooting again mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get your drift JJ but " for me" a classic scope would hold back that 77.

Her accuracy is stunning and should be complimented.

Remember my FWB Sport 124 mk1 .177 (1978) ?

Well that`s a Mamba lite/ sports match mounts combination  and the results speak for themselves hopefully.

Classic rifles can be incredibly well engineered, put a modern scope on them, tune them and you can get some results.

IMG_0641.JPG.0e73615836b29635755fa2badc27e8d7.JPG

• Like 1

If the air max had of been as good at night on the lamp as it was in day light

id of kept it .

but alas it was not

so it had to go

as you know most of my shooting is done at night

mind i like the way you can lock the turrets down once zero,d in

all hawk scopes should have that fitted

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

You can't fault what works mate :good:

The 100 and Airmax Combo is a good pairing :yes:

From your previous posts, I was expecting to see a proper retro 80s scope and mounts on that 77 - maybe something in gloss black with a TV style view :hmm: :thumbs:

The mounts you've got on there at the moment are definitely BKLs - there's nothing wrong with that, they're top class mounts, if a little out of place on such a nice classic (in my humble opinion) :thumbs:

by the way, good shooting again mate.

Jon "Are those BLK's...?"

Rez "Nuffin like being polite"

Mark "No there sportsmatch"

Jon "?"

Rez "?"

Mark "?"

Basically.

Anyway, shooting Marko. I know we'll be seeing this seven'teh'seven a lot. Lucky get.

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, mark williams said:

Yep, I've got a 4-12x40 Hawke airmax on the 97 and I really rate it, same thoughts as you! it's a perfect match for the gun and the shooting I do, I like 8x power the best! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Sounds like a nice evening out Mark :yes:

but, is that BKLs and a Hawke Night Eye on an 80s springer?

Oops, just realised the mix up Jon.

I`ve taken the Sports Match off the Hawke and put them along with another scope onto the FWB and put this temporary set up on the 77.

I`m not sure about disturbing this set up though :hmm:, - it seems to be working well. :angel:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Aye up Robo,

Here`s the Air Max mate, just started pest control with her.

IMG_1113.thumb.JPG.7f7d99c206906a06c4da3f7e23875eb8.JPG

IMG_1128.thumb.JPG.163e5860460c904276bc911babd54a95.JPG

atb  Mark.

Same here mate, my boss asked me to hit the starlings that are nesting and messing everywhere around our workshop, so I've been getting in early, got 47 so far with the Blue Demon!