Trip to Anglesey

Just come back from a few days in Anglesey and boy there are a lot of rabbits there. Talking to the guy whose b&b we stayed in and he said the levels are very high and if we go again he might be able to put me onto a bit of shooting.

I had a chat with a guy who came fishing on Moelfre rock pier who said he shoots most of the caravan sites in the area out of season with good results using his sub 12. I love that place although the weather could have been better. I will take the rifle next time.

Phil

• Like 2

Its nice if something like this works out but what about after you shoot them ?. will the guy at the B&b pop them in the fridge for you ?.ive got a chance of a weekend away but i dont want to waste my catch 

I do love the place and will do some research for when I go again. Not sure Billy regarding keeping shot quarry chilled although a very good pal of mine has quite a few contacts on Anglesey so we might sort something together.

I have had some amazing sea fishing there and will do again but this was not the trip to offer good catches even for the locals by all accounts. I am going to build a new beachcaster rod for the next trip........

Phil

On 06/08/2018 at 12:30, philpot said:

Just come back from a few days in Anglesey and boy there are a lot of rabbits there. Talking to the guy whose b&b we stayed in and he said the levels are very high and if we go again he might be able to put me onto a bit of shooting.

I had a chat with a guy who came fishing on Moelfre rock pier who said he shoots most of the caravan sites in the area out of season with good results using his sub 12. I love that place although the weather could have been better. I will take the rifle next time.

Phil

just got an r10 off a lad called Meirion who has shooting and fishing at his B&B on ynys mon. I'll put you onto him if you want

Edited by stecorr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1