Sand sculptures

That's talent mate,the creature from the black lagoon,the iguanas and the fat lady with the buried husband look incredible,bit different from the sandcastles we made as kids :o

• Like 1
2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Used to be some of those on Weymouth seafront years ago.

Think there is still an annual event at Weston super mare, they charge for entry, in future Ventura people just made them on the beach and put a hat down for passers by to put money in much better because if you sculpture was shit you earned nothing, they are some very high end sculpture you have put up there is that a competition ? Wood carving event at westonbert arboretum is also very impressive ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mackem said:

That's talent mate,the creature from the black lagoon,the iguanas and the fat lady with the buried husband look incredible,bit different from the sandcastles we made as kids :o

the talent of these people is incredible mac.....i thought the fat lady and the buried husband was good as well, i really liked the two turtle one best.....they all beat my bucket and spade sand castles.......lol lol  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

Think there is still an annual event at Weston super mare, they charge for entry, in future Ventura people just made them on the beach and put a hat down for passers by to put money in much better because if you sculpture was shit you earned nothing, they are some very high end sculpture you have put up there is that a competition ? Wood carving event at westonbert arboretum is also very impressive ?

yes, it was a competition the judges have had there vote and i think they gave it to the Jimmi Hendrix sculpture as 1st place, once that's done the public gets to vote there favorite one, it cost $3 each to get in and they give you a poker chip which you drop into the box next to your favorite sculpture, i don't know how much or what they win though....i quess a share of the entrance fee, there work was a pleasure to look at....such talent.... 

• Like 4
14 hours ago, mackem said:

There good for sure, but they ain't the same without the little paper flags....

• Like 1