Cape Verde

I’ve already given an opinion on Cape Verde in a previous post but if was to advise if you are dead set on that part of the world go to The Gambia I’ve been twice I’ve stayed in Kotu and in the largest hotel in the capital Banjul next to old president Jammehs palace he’s been binned off now though.

Much more to see and do high 30s at Christmas time although massive poverty and you will get hassled and heat on the street it’s how you deal with it that counts little tip if you get hassled on the beach just jump in the sea they don’t like getting their trainers wet lol.

Also you can double up with Senegal but you would need yellow fever jabs to get in and out and you haven’t got to put up with that poxy wind in Cape Verde. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went a few years back for the marlin fishing and it was excellent, the beach fishing for shark is also good. not much there, but depending where your staying the hotels are 5 star and lay every

That's where I went, the hotel was top notch, the beaches are lush, the sea is lovely (but full of sharks) (didn't stop me swimming) its in the middle of nothing, but if you go down the jetty when the

Two people at work went. One is really into wind surfing and he said that the seas were immense and it was very windy. The other, a woman went there with her husband. They really like the wild way out

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve already given an opinion on Cape Verde in a previous post but if was to advise if you are dead set on that part of the world go to The Gambia I’ve been twice I’ve stayed in Kotu and in the largest hotel in the capital Banjul next to old president Jammehs palace he’s been binned off now though.

Much more to see and do high 30s at Christmas time although massive poverty and you will get hassled and heat on the street it’s how you deal with it that counts little tip if you get hassled on the beach just jump in the sea they don’t like getting their trainers wet lol.

Also you can double up with Senegal but you would need yellow fever jabs to get in and out and you haven’t got to put up with that poxy wind in Cape Verde. 

Did Gambia 5 times in the late 90s was great, it wasn't the same the last time, too much hassle but the weather is awesome.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
On 05/08/2018 at 21:38, liP said:

Went to Sal in the Easter holidays, like some have said "not a lot to do " . If just you and a partner then I recommend air b&b ,as we met people out there and they paid a lot less. We did the tour of the island and it is a real eye opener ,luxury hotels amid pure shanty towns, sad to see. 

See the "eye at the bottom of the cove, under water" waded with the lemon shark's just a few feet it front of us and went out in the desert to see the mirage, oh had a swim in the salt mined  lake.

All and all for us (two families and 5 kids) it would not be a place we would go again, especially for the money we paid. 

For those going I recommend taking something warmer to wear at night when going out as it gets windy and a little cold ? 

Please add to to the thread when you have been to share your experience  ? 

Flucking puff gets a bit chilly soft southern shandy drinking twat

• Haha 2
On 26/09/2018 at 12:48, tatsblisters said:

Enjoyed the visit to this bar the locals near it pestering us to death to buy their shite.

DSCN0355.JPG

Better than the pic I got of it ? 

Did you get to jump in?  It was too windy to do it when we went on they were just jesting ? 

17 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Going finland winter coming. Cant wait 

Trust you noodle arms , what's this git to do with Cape Verde?  Start your own thread :D

there will be pics  of trout and brown ?  next ? 

Edited by liP
17 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

My old man took me to finland when i was young. We went fishing and 2 nights we stayed in these wooden hut things they threw loads if fish heads and tails out and we got to watch the brown bears come get them from abiut 15ft away. Seen some kind of wild big cat can remember the type tho

What you saw was a large pile of rocks,a domestic cat, a wild boar or a large breed of dog never seen in Finland before, you no the rules mate but because I actually believe you I,d hazard a guess you saw a lynx, I don't no for sure but that would be a cat for that climate ?