Cape Verde

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went a few years back for the marlin fishing and it was excellent, the beach fishing for shark is also good. not much there, but depending where your staying the hotels are 5 star and lay every

That's where I went, the hotel was top notch, the beaches are lush, the sea is lovely (but full of sharks) (didn't stop me swimming) its in the middle of nothing, but if you go down the jetty when the

Two people at work went. One is really into wind surfing and he said that the seas were immense and it was very windy. The other, a woman went there with her husband. They really like the wild way out

Posted Images

I went a few years back for the marlin fishing and it was excellent, the beach fishing for shark is also good.

not much there, but depending where your staying the hotels are 5 star and lay everything on that your average tourist would want.

If it wasn't such a hotspot for fishing I wouldn't go again, once was enough for me as a holiday,  I will be going back but only for the fishing ?

• Like 6
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Ye will do its Sal near Santa Maria were me and the mrs are going.

That's where I went, the hotel was top notch, the beaches are lush, the sea is lovely (but full of sharks) (didn't stop me swimming) its in the middle of nothing, but if you go down the jetty when the boats come in you will see an old school local bartering for fish going on, they even butcher/fillet them on the jetty and sell bits and pieces, it was an eye opener and well worth a visit.

• Like 4

One of the best holiday locations we have had . The accommodation  was at first a bit to get your head round but overall nice and clean. No A/C so a bit warm through the night. Food good. Entertainment non existent , but all in all , as a family resort, not bad. The sea, as one might imagine, is amazing. Huge dunes so good walking. Be aware when swimming. The Red flag is there for a reason. The undertow is immense. We will definitely be going back. Jok.

Went to Sal in the Easter holidays, like some have said "not a lot to do " . If just you and a partner then I recommend air b&b ,as we met people out there and they paid a lot less. We did the tour of the island and it is a real eye opener ,luxury hotels amid pure shanty towns, sad to see. 

See the "eye at the bottom of the cove, under water" waded with the lemon shark's just a few feet it front of us and went out in the desert to see the mirage, oh had a swim in the salt mined  lake.

All and all for us (two families and 5 kids) it would not be a place we would go again, especially for the money we paid. 

For those going I recommend taking something warmer to wear at night when going out as it gets windy and a little cold ? 

Please add to to the thread when you have been to share your experience  ? 

• Like 2

Two people at work went. One is really into wind surfing and he said that the seas were immense and it was very windy. The other, a woman went there with her husband. They really like the wild way out places and she said that it was so basic and barren. There were miles and miles of empty Sandy beaches. The local people were nice but the place was sort of like a prision for them that they couldn't escape from. It was just a place to go, there wasn't  anything to do there.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:50, waltjnr said:

Tats, up date me once youve been, i might duck out of this trip so will be the mrs and her mate going! 

Just got back after two weeks did not get the chance to go fishing though made a couple of trips to Santa Maria and did the island tour from our hotel this holiday has been an eye opener in seeing some of the poverty in some parts of the island .The beaches are great the people are ok though a fekin night mare in Sata Maria with pestering you to buy the souveniers they sell and tbh I would not got back again and going on what other people in the hotel said I am not on my own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stayed at the Riu Touareg in Boa Vista we upgraded to the adult section which was well worth it the hotel was spotless top notch grub all good.

But if wind isn’t your thing it will drive you mad you couldn’t read a paper without it exploding Boa Vista is like a massive sand pit stand on the beach, sand walk a mile or ten miles it’s sand nothing there.

Very interesting airport no roof and a short runway,  I believe it is now a African nation of an archipelago of about ten islands was formerly Portuguese and the bloke in charge is mates with Jose Mourinho 350ish miles west of Senegal in the Atlantic Ocean.

I am glad I went once but I wouldn’t go back because of the wind it drove me mental I visited in January time of year. 

• Like 2