2 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

£150 a day for labouring?!? I've got mates that do plastering that get £120 a day and joiners that will get less. Is that some sort of mad internet exaggeration? I mean £750 a week to labour? I simply can't believe thats true at all.

Agreed, it's mental, but that's the way it's gone around here, you wouldn't find a plasterer here for under £200 (unless they were terrible) or it's a mate doing mates rates for you.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  used too go 4/10 wks a time when my first was born,home for a few days back to it.... he was 2lb 7 ozs and in a baby unit for first few months, used to kill me mate to be fair, leaving them, alot o

22 years in the army and I was only home a handful of times over Christmas missed most of their birthdays and my missus pretty much brought the kids up on her own but it's a choice you make and live w

Cheers katchum.i got 200 cattle and 500 lambs tomorrow.should keep me out the pub til 6ish.as for the knickers i've already looked over the fence.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Surely it can't be sustainable? That bubble has got to burst at some point?

Course it isn't sustainable.

I know a developer, has probably 500 ish blokes, took a project on three years ago, a few hundred houses in phases, all the financial experts in the world, projected profits and such like, should have made them multi millionaires, it virtually bankrupt them because of labour increases, yes admitted to me they were very lucky and only as he had such a strong company with fingers in other pies they survived it, just.

There is a mad building boom around where I live atm, housing estates are literally springing up EVERYWHERE. Which means more men needed in every trade, but it will eventually slow then what will all of them do?

PS . I know of a real good brickie that is on £100 a day and is happy with it, do i live in some sort of third world bubble or are the wages I'm saying normal?

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What you going to do with the cash you save ? Also is it something you will get at every year  and are  you coning home to a job ?

36 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What you going to do with the cash you save ? Also is it something you will get at every year  and are  you coning home to a job ?

I'm going to get me and son some chelsea season tickets,i'm going to finally after 17 years driving pass my test and bank the rest.i can do the sheep season of 3 months every year or stay.a couple blokes i'm sharing with have been out here for 4 and 6 years and a couple have been here for 20+.one bloke does 6 months then travels for 6 months.some go around europe slaughtering.all options open to me.but i miss my son and actually my dogs too.i will be back november for hunting then might come back.3 months on 3 months in england.

Yes i have a job back in england earning not alot less than here but it's graft and long days.i get notices on my phone advertising slaughtering jobs,there 2 a penny.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

There is a mad building boom around where I live atm, housing estates are literally springing up EVERYWHERE. Which means more men needed in every trade, but it will eventually slow then what will all of them do?

PS . I know of a real good brickie that is on £100 a day and is happy with it, do i live in some sort of third world bubble or are the wages I'm saying normal?

23 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I’ve worked with joiners that were on 75 a day here that went to London and  are taking home 1250 a week and they weren’t up to much here. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I’ve worked with joiners that were on 75 a day here that went to London and  are taking home 1250 a week and they weren’t up to much here. 

And i've seen slaughtering jobs in england from £9-24.who the f**k would do it for £9.

Norway is a well expensive place and the people (generally) are as boring as they get. Although I admire their patriotism, if I am correct, they pay about 1/2 their wages in taxes and more. Its no wonder the pensions are decent.

8 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Norway is a well expensive place and the people (generally) are as boring as they get. Although I admire their patriotism, if I am correct, they pay about 1/2 their wages in taxes and more. Its no wonder the pensions are decent.

49% tax but the norweigans get two good tax rebates a year.

I brought 2 bottles of coke,twix,loaf of bread and a packet of choritzo.£14.

• Confused 2
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

How long ago ? I can remember busting myself for £30 a day, took me a long long time to realise I could push my prices up and still get the work, a mate ran a big company and gave me a few days on a machine, he told me then half my problem was I was too cheap, it put folk off, and I was charging him £120 a day, I'd never had it so good !

I just lost a greenhorn labourer, didn't know one end of a shovel from the other, went to a huge firm and his starting wage is £250 a shift ! He gave me the chance to match it and he would stay, these big firms are desperate for labour.

Can remember grafting hard for £30 / day, must be getting on 20 years ago now. I've heard talk of fresh out of college bricklayers on big sites at £350 / day, don't know how true that is.

9 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Can remember grafting hard for £30 / day, must be getting on 20 years ago now. I've heard talk of fresh out of college bricklayers on big sites at £350 / day, don't know how true that is.

Yeah your not too far off on 20 yr ago. Not quite that far back though.

wouldnt surprise me some of the horror stories I've heard about brickies and what they can earn, nearly two yr back I put some founds in and the brickie told me they were on £1 a brick to build it ! I quite often drive by it and wonder how many bricks are in it.

18 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

49% tax but the norweigans get two good tax rebates a year.

I brought 2 bottles of coke,twix,loaf of bread and a packet of choritzo.£14.

I been told by lads out fishing it was expensive, the guides usually ask them to bring odd things over for them,  heard the beer can often be £14 a pint.

what would you say is the closest price match we have here, essentials like bread and milk I would have guessed.

49% tax, that makes your eyes water, do 5 years and claim the pension ?

15 hours ago, Rabid said:

Don't think it's everybody online, I think it could be 'most' trades if they had there head screwed on right, labourers on £150 a day round here, machine drivers pull anything from 2-250 a shift, plumbers charging grand a pop to instal a boiler that takes a day, the list is endless, brickies on £22 a metre block and 750 per thou brick, the money's out there to be earnt

The bubble will burst again no doubt, but there is certainly money to be earnt at the minute..

Good luck with your trip GB, a place I'm gonna defiantly visit in the next few years...24 hour fishing...yes please!! Lol

• Like 2