Hampshire and surrounding

25 minutes ago, Mickle123 said:

That’s the problem. Getting in with them?  cracking area just tough ground.. just looking for like minded people in the area who work there terriers if there’s Any about ?

ATB

Do your own thing,walk your own path and make your own mistakes.As soon as you seek unknown company you wear oily footwear.It pays to have a mucker with the same intentions as yourself,watch yer back,lend an helping hand and then feck you over.It takes years to meet the right uns,until then slip alone and dig for two.

• Like 7

Mickle123 pm me last year because I posted on here that I dug in Hampshire. I took a chance and took him out with me in Gloucestershire. I can tell anyone on here that he is 100% . He is a northern lad who has moved because of work down south and has no network down here . He is an ex service man and a straight flyer . I have had him out since ,  hunting with our local pack on a number of occasions and have had him on my shoot and trust him . I will be introducing him to a couple of keepers in Hampshire , so he can go beating and hopefully build up some contacts. He has terriers and a handy Lurcher. I have also sorted a patterdale pup from a very good litter , for him . I’m doing my bit , someone else on here should give this lad a break . He is keen to learn and half handy on the shovel . We all had to start somewhere. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Mickle123 said:

Top man Shovel leaner we’ve had some good days, really appreciate it mate. Hopefully a few more local boys are about and can get to know a few more ?

No problem, if anyone isn’t familiar with me on here  Foxdropper knows who I am and where I keeper . I can vouch for mickle123 .

• Like 3

I’ve worked lurchers in past just waiting for my first terrier, picking him up in a few weeeks when he’s ready, would love to find some lads to do some ratting with this winter, I’m a northerner came down here to join navy but done my time  now, I have to drive 300 miles to see the dog lads up north where I’m from... would be good to meet a few lads down here, I’ll dig the reds alone when pups ready I know people are funny about taking newbies digging but a bit of ratting would be a start. Hard work not knowing anyone down here ?

• Like 1