Wasp nests and stings

I’ve been swarmed and stung multiple times and each time my reaction got worse . Then one day I picked a plum and got stung on my hand , within a minute I was in agony , my hand swelled up massively, my armpits and groin lymph nodes swelled. I could hardly breath and started to panic . Luckily my father in law was there and rushed me to hospital. My blood pressure had dropped dangerously low and I was in a real mess . I was put on a drip , steroid and anti histermine injections and within an hour I’d stabilised and survived. Now I have to carry an epi pen . However I got stung the other day when I lifted a 45 gallon feed hopper lid that had a wasps nest in . I waited to start feeling ill with my epi pen at the ready .... nothing . I suffer from hay fever and take piriton so I’m thinking that probably helped. Every cloud as they say !!

A302ACF5-D5A7-4909-A726-BB745FA99AC5.jpeg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Girl! I put jam on me bell end for fun! Seeing 2 wasps fighting for landing space is a right craic! 

???  BIKES ??? there were the start of 4 small nests out on the inside of the wooden shed in the garden but they must have killed each other because none of them came to anything. Wife got stung

No it's the proper name not a local thing. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve been swarmed and stung multiple times and each time my reaction got worse . Then one day I picked a plum and got stung on my hand , within a minute I was in agony , my hand swelled up massively, my armpits and groin lymph nodes swelled. I could hardly breath and started to panic . Luckily my father in law was there and rushed me to hospital. My blood pressure had dropped dangerously low and I was in a real mess . I was put on a drip , steroid and anti histermine injections and within an hour I’d stabilised and survived. Now I have to carry an epi pen . However I got stung the other day when I lifted a 45 gallon feed hopper lid that had a wasps nest in . I waited to start feeling ill with my epi pen at the ready .... nothing . I suffer from hay fever and take piriton so I’m thinking that probably helped. Every cloud as they say !!A302ACF5-D5A7-4909-A726-BB745FA99AC5.jpeg

What a cracker. Wait til dark, small dribble petrol +  bit of rag + petrol on stick. Stand  back (eyebrows ) drop lit rag on stick in drum. Result ! DIE you Bstds.  Evil blooming things. and if its a plastic drum just spill the fuel on it. That will do the trick also.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, Meece said:

What a cracker. Wait til dark, small dribble petrol +  bit of rag + petrol on stick. Stand  back (eyebrows ) drop lit rag on stick in drum. Result ! DIE you Bstds.  Evil blooming things. and if its a plastic drum just spill the fuel on it. That will do the trick also.

Orrible things , already had some magic powder which done for em in no time . I’m like you if I find a nest I’ve got to destroy it . I’ve got a bit more respect for them now , but it still doesn’t stop me , I’m just very careful. 

3 hours ago, kinkell said:

IMG_20180804_132627863_HDR.jpg

Not to difficult.  Get a pole that will get up to that height and find a way to secure it so that it is under the entrance hole. It must be stable. At dusk when they are mostly all inside soak a rag in petrol and fix it to the top of the pole and CAREFULLY  so as  or to disturb the nest fix it below the nest. The fumes will go up into the nest and take it out. Or a thin plastic pipe like windscreen washer hoese tied to a pole. Load a charge of bbc gamma dust or similar into the tube and blow the powder up into the nest. Or something like this..... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Attach-Your-Spray-Extension-Pole/dp/B004FEBDAI

2 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Fukin hornets dive bombing the swimming pool tonight,caught about 100 in my net,maybe the pool light drew em in.was like a nazi bombing mission,bloody things turn up every year.

Beware of killing hornets. They are a different beast to wasps. When Injuried / killed hornets give off a pheromone that makes them go into nest attack mode. This can be very dangerous. The whole lot can attack and their sting is very painful and anyone stung multiple times could go into anaphylactic shock which could be fatal. Also beware of leaving bodies laying around because again this could cause them to go into attack mode and sting anyone using the pool like kids wearing only a swimming  costume /trunks. I'd  have a  clear up and have a hose down.' 

Cheers mate,they are hortible things,but i killed about 60 last night,didnt have any attacks,ive found them to be very placid,apart from when we was stripping pegs off a roof and i put a hammer into nest,got stung several times,but the worst was on side of my head,felt like my head was going to explode,very,very,painfull.