Burnt dogs feet

I saw something the other day about how the pavements and tarMac is getting so hot that dogs feet are getting burnt walking on it.  Boots for dogs were being advocated. Never heard of it but I  can see this happening like walking across a Sandy beach. I remember a kid out in Turkey that was a pain in the bum keep coming over and getting into our stuff suddenly screaming. The useless  parents didnt know what he was screaming about for some time. When they did eventually realise his soles were like fried eggs !!

I saw something somewhere recently where 'they' are painting the pavements of a city white to combat the hot weather. The benefits and energy savings were quite interesting. Afraid I can't remember any details but struck me as really innovative. 

No dog has died from missing a walk, but plenty have from this heat so I tend to aire on the side of caution at the moment, I could have a row every day at the moment with some of the dicks I,m seeing out, like the bloke throwing a ball for an old Rotty I saw a few days back in 30 degrees heat  Ffs, if you can't hold your hand flat on the pavement why would you expect your dog to walk on it, take them out early or late or just stay in, ?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

No dog has died from missing a walk, but plenty have from this heat so I tend to aire on the side of caution at the moment, I could have a row every day at the moment with some of the dicks I,m seeing out, like the bloke throwing a ball for an old Rotty I saw a few days back in 30 degrees heat  Ffs, if you can't hold your hand flat on the pavement why would you expect your dog to walk on it, take them out early or late or just stay in, ?

I went to the Kent county show last month and it was unbearable walking around it .Couldn't believe the amount of c**ts dragging dogs around it in 30degree heat.My bandog and my daughters frenchie were blowing after 10mins up the field at 6.30 that morning and there was idiots dragging everything fom bulldogs to Newfoundlands around in the midday sun.The stupiest bit about it was looking at the state of some of the fat idiots I'd bet that they never walk the poor f**kers any other time.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Been that warm that the tarmac just don't cool down....... 80 ton delivered this morning, no fun in this heat, burning my feet through my boots..... ?DSC_2012.thumb.JPG.27f2e9628782b393c68fd23cc74be2d1.JPG

That looks like a redrow site DC I,ve built a few of them in mi time

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Meece said:

I saw something the other day about how the pavements and tarMac is getting so hot that dogs feet are getting burnt walking on it.  Boots for dogs were being advocated. Never heard of it but I  can see this happening like walking across a Sandy beach. I remember a kid out in Turkey that was a pain in the bum keep coming over and getting into our stuff suddenly screaming. The useless  parents didnt know what he was screaming about for some time. When they did eventually realise his soles were like fried eggs !!

I can well believe it would stick to the dogs feet but I couldn’t be sure about the burning part. I know sometimes when I am out jogging on the roads that the tarmac is that hot it’s gone soft in places and it also sticks to my trainers on occasions in the past.

7 minutes ago, wildman said:

Ya thought so built 80  few year back at Wakefield now on400 at Leeds .you a tarmacer or groundworks 

Do the lot mate..... Deep drainage, continuation tanks, wet Wells, services, telecoms ducts and boxes, block and beam, shuttering and steel fixing, block work,kerbs, slabbing, bricking, drive an excavator, rear tipping moggies, dumpers lol, pays the bills and I'm In the house by 5:30 everyday, I'm a carpenter by trade got sick of working away punching my guts out, I'm not shy on the shovel and work with a good bunch of paddy's have a good craic ? site I'm on now is 10 yrs work, 30mins from my door?DSC_1751.thumb.JPG.c4b7678831703bd6f8049ed90dccd806.JPGDSC_1996.thumb.JPG.dbd22fcf8ab1775b9ed9c41a410672bd.JPG

• Like 1