When's everyone starting back

6 hours ago, rabbit demon said:

Probably mid September or start of November for me. I would give my bitch a run but she would keel over. She cant handle any heat whatsoever. il wait till its much cooler before I head out.

I'll be going very early and back early I will mate while it's still cool. Give the dogs a few runs then back home. Atb Adam 

7 hours ago, rabbit demon said:

Probably mid September or start of November for me. I would give my bitch a run but she would keel over. She cant handle any heat whatsoever. il wait till its much cooler before I head out.

You would be surprised what they can handle if you get them use to it mate. The trouble is over there; your dogs don’t get the opportunity to acclimatise. We do run them in summer, but when it gets past 25 Celsius I stop, even the whippets seem to handle it up until that point.

IMG_2247.JPG

• Like 3

Seasons end earlier now these days as there's young about a lot earlier so no harm in starting back a little earlier. Aslong as your not blowing the dogs out in the blareing sun.  Nice and cool 5.30 in the morn so few runs and home. If the dogs and ferrets are happy, I'm happy. Atb Adam 

• Like 2

My wee beddy whippet has a thick wooley undercoat then a longer outercoat plus shes black. Shes in kennels and once it hits 20 shes panting and comes in to the house to cool down. Your right Sir if she got the chance to accllimatise she would get used to it but the weather is usually humid and close or pissing down here. 2 or 3 runs and she spends more time recovering between runs. Il just stick to the fishing for another month. Adampie I have been getting baby bunnies during December the last 2 years. The seasons are getting shorter so no harm hitting them earlier  Atb.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

You would be surprised what they can handle if you get them use to it mate. The trouble is over there; your dogs don’t get the opportunity to acclimatise. We do run them in summer, but when it gets past 25 Celsius I stop, even the whippets seem to handle it up until that point.

IMG_2247.JPG

Those dogs of yours have got the life.Their bed looks better than what I camp on.

17 hours ago, rabbit demon said:

My wee beddy whippet has a thick wooley undercoat then a longer outercoat plus shes black. Shes in kennels and once it hits 20 shes panting and comes in to the house to cool down. Your right Sir if she got the chance to accllimatise she would get used to it but the weather is usually humid and close or pissing down here. 2 or 3 runs and she spends more time recovering between runs. Il just stick to the fishing for another month. Adampie I have been getting baby bunnies during December the last 2 years. The seasons are getting shorter so no harm hitting them earlier  Atb.

The humidity in some areas is what kills dogs here more than the heat.

Had an hour this morning in the pallets at work. Got a few rats with the jack russell and the big hob seemed to enjoy the run out. A canny pre season friendly before we go back to rabbits in september

On 03/08/2018 at 08:12, Sirblessed said:

IMG_2247.JPG

This looks amazing mate

• Like 1

I was going to have a bit of a go today to try to get a few rabbits for the young ferrets but its raining so im going out with the dogs for the afternoon and leave it till tomorrow 

6 hours ago, The one said:

I was going to have a bit of a go today to try to get a few rabbits for the young ferrets but its raining so im going out with the dogs for the afternoon and leave it till tomorrow 

I can't fault that mate. My two new kits are over the moon with my catch from the weekend. Can't wait until their old enough to be out doing it themselves though. Atb Adam 

It easy enough to get out with the ferrets but with the lurchers even a long walk in these temperatures has there tongues down too there knees they could get a good run in the rain today  who know when we will get more there now talking about the hot weather returning but no sun so i think that makes it very humid  the worse kind of heat 

9 hours ago, The one said:

It easy enough to get out with the ferrets but with the lurchers even a long walk in these temperatures has there tongues down too there knees they could get a good run in the rain today  who know when we will get more there now talking about the hot weather returning but no sun so i think that makes it very humid  the worse kind of heat 

I know mate I really hope their wrong. We've had a good summer now time for the colder weather to start back so we can all get back out tidy. Atb Adam