How do they pass their test

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,ve just fitted a camera to my van ,  the last accident I was involved in I was sat at the side of a road when a lovely old couple just ploughed straight into me, my van was drivable but a write off,

Motorola in Mrs motor and a cheapo in my dog bus/works van, its got night mode etc, playback, few months back some prick sent in dash cam footage of me in my works van over taking him, nob was doing 3

Some idiot braked suddenly this morning all my cornflakes and milk all over my lap and nearly cut myself shaving

16 hours ago, walshie said:

What dash cam do you use DC? I was thinking of getting one, but I'd prefer one that records 24/7, rather than only when the car is in an incident.

I bought her a new Honda and have fitted it with a Nextbase cam both front and back. They take a 32 gb sd chip and do record continuously whilst  They are powered up from the ignition. When you turn the ignition off they go into sleep mode on their own power. If the car is bumped they start up and record. This is part of the set up mode. There's various settings for nearly everything.  BUT if someone drives into you and you only have one cam facing forward you probably  aren't going to have a camera recording it. The 32 gb chip records in blocks of about 3 minute chunks so that you can access it and send it to insurance or whatever. When the chip is full it overwrites so it always works. The main downsides are that the cam can get blinded by bright headlights and for full real protection you really want 4 cams  because you are just as likely to be side swiped and them to just drive off. Dont forget that your driving and mistakes are recorded as well and if its your fault your cam footage could be used against you because if there is cam footage the first thing plod will do it to remove the cam and or chip as evidence. Everything is recorded, speed, acceleration, deceleration and side slide, time, grid reference, the lot. If you were speeding or making it have it, its all there. So be warned.

Edited by Meece
1 hour ago, byron said:

some dirty b*****d hit me in the hospital carpark and fecked of last week..

doe's karma work??

It happened to The wife's old car. Hospital said car park cameras werent on. Probably to bloody idle to go through and look it up. And Get involved.

15 hours ago, waltjnr said:

my local ASDA is like the migrant camp at Calais,car park is bumper cars for africans !All the dinks on my van have come from supermarket car parks ,even if you park in the far corner some twat will park next to you ,our Ghanaian cleaner at work wrote off someones car in the works car park ,he was waving at the DHL courier a fellow Ghanaian ,just dont think their cut out for driving !

And their women are even worse drivers! Shit myself if i'm anywhere near a car and an African woman is driving!  Coming a close second are the orthodox jews, they can't drive for shit as well!?

• Like 1