• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back to topic, one for next Season.

It's probably because the lads that keep it right usually only breed the odd litter when really necessary and the pups would all be spoken for long before they were born. In fact, It's quite refreshin

I've personally never removed a dew claw from a terrier, they've never given me any reason too.  I can't say they serve any perpose, but they certainly haven't hampered them either, it comes down to p

Posted Images

With all the folks that are on here and claim to gift out dog's really surprised you haven't had a lot of offer's, Lol. And you better not buy one because if you do it won't be a worker and def dont get one with any type of ped that means it won't be a worker and def came from a puppy peddle??

It's probably because the lads that keep it right usually only breed the odd litter when really necessary and the pups would all be spoken for long before they were born. In fact, It's quite refreshing that Rob hasn't been offered pups for sale on here, it shows that there's not many of the dog dealer types coming onto here anymore.

Nothing against you Rob, hopefully you find what you're after.?

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

I have a young bitch i will gift you if you pay the flight across the pond. Outgoing and cocky/bold little bitch. Tail and dewclaws done and utd on shots.

Why do people take dewclaws of a working bred terrier? Should leave em on

• Like 3
9 hours ago, tank34 said:

Why do people take dewclaws of a working bred terrier? Should leave em on

Leave them on for what? And please don't say to help dig either because its a none functional nail that does absolutely nothing but dangle there. And it could get torn or ripped off from brush, roots, or anything else and have seen this plenty of times. Can't wait to hear it.??

They help a dog working in rock piles and travelling over scree....... Or when a terrier is dropping down multiple levels in some earth's trying to get back up to the quarry difference in a successful dig or a rescue ..... Imo. watched countless terriers use them to hook and drag out nests of rats........ Don't suppose the Americans have earth's anywhere as challenging as what we have here?the  digging out of overgrown hamsters is surly no challenge for a proper earth dog? But then again each to their own?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

They help a dog working in rock piles and travelling over scree....... Or when a terrier is dropping down multiple levels in some earth's trying to get back up to the quarry difference in a successful dig or a rescue ..... Imo. watched countless terriers use them to hook and drag out nests of rats........ Don't suppose the Americans have earth's anywhere as challenging as what we have here?the  digging out of overgrown hamsters is surly no challenge for a proper earth dog? But then again each to their own?

So what your saying is those dew claws help pull them get downn and backup and to hook and drag nests of rats? Didn't know that they are so functional seeing the don't move and there held on by skin only. Wow thanks for educating me.???? any pics of your dog's climbing using the dew claw or dragging out nest with them? Would love to see how that works.

59 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

So what your saying is those dew claws help pull them get downn and backup and to hook and drag nests of rats? Didn't know that they are so functional seeing the don't move and there held on by skin only. Wow thanks for educating me.???? any pics of your dog's climbing using the dew claw or dragging out nest with them? Would love to see how that works.

Read what I said 'imo'. I personally see no need to remove them from a terrier....unless they are becoming a problem. On a running dog they are a hindrance so we remove them. Get your dogs out enough on said quarry and you just might see it with your own ?. Atb 

• Like 1