• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back to topic, one for next Season.

It's probably because the lads that keep it right usually only breed the odd litter when really necessary and the pups would all be spoken for long before they were born. In fact, It's quite refreshin

I've personally never removed a dew claw from a terrier, they've never given me any reason too.  I can't say they serve any perpose, but they certainly haven't hampered them either, it comes down to p

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Mooching Celt said:

Watch a dog chewing on a bone and holding it with it’s front legs, it’s actually gripping the bone with it’s dew claws. If I get down play fighting with young dogs they grip my arm with their claws, bit like a thumb to them I supose

Now how is it that they grip your arm with there dew claws? Or how it grips a bone? The dew claws are non functional meaning the can not move them like the rest of the nails so gripping anything with them is impossible. 

10 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Whatever you like to think.  They can not move them to grip or grab stuff with.  They are useless.  And if you guy's believe that they are functional then that says a lot about you guy's.

Your an argumentative sort, says alot about you..... Why come on here? You obviously know all there is to know lol?

10 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Whatever you like to think.  They can not move them to grip or grab stuff with.  They are useless.  And if you guy's believe that they are functional then that says a lot about you guy's.

Why are dogs born with em if there useless ? Must be there for a reason 

I've personally never removed a dew claw from a terrier, they've never given me any reason too.  I can't say they serve any perpose, but they certainly haven't hampered them either, it comes down to personal choice. If ABC thinks he's helping his terrier dodge a potential injury then all power to him, it's no different than docking a terrier.

As for helping to push and pull through an earth, I can see why you'd think it helps, a nice hook like appendage hanging along the side of a terriers foot, what's not to like ! The truth of the matter is after thirty plus years of digging to terriers I've yet to see a dew claw pulled off, I have on the other hand seen plenty of toe nails broken through digging on. 

Whatever makes you sleep better, it all boils down to  "he said, she said"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1