Si Brown - Top man ?

A few weeks back, Si was down this way with his missus - I think they were spending the night in Cheltenham or something.

Anyway, Si popped into my work and surprised me with this Philippines Simmonds Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x50 :o

Due to being busy and short staffed at work, I've only managed to get it on the Mercury Challenger today. It's a cracking scope - I can't wait to get out and get a good session with it.

Now, both of my retro springers have nice scopes with a good, simple duplex reticle :good:

Cheers Si, Much appreciated mate :thumbs:

IMG_20180801_145704.jpg

IMG_20180801_145631.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After playing with various cheap scopes I eventually gave up and bought one of these about 20 years ago for my air rifle, it was £200 at the time, went up to £210 shortly after that and seemingly stayed at that price for years.

Personally, I have to say they are still excellent VFM, lord knows what happened, but they disappeared years back, (copies turned up quickly) only to re-appear again a few years ago.   I only got shot of mine because of the lack of Parallax adjustment...my eyes are not what they were.

Great scopes! :thumbs: 

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3

This forum has quite a few good blokes and Si is deffo up there along with .................. no I won't embarrass them. I have not come across a group on any forum who are ready to help out a fellow forum member, or I should say forum friend like we do on here.

Phil

• Like 4

No worries...Looks well on her jon?

Should be a nice little setup for black cat days!

if you want to lower the parallax see if the lads at the garage have a rubber oil filter strap that’ll get the front ring off!

cheers si 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

He is ok i suppose

a bit on the little side but ok is Si:whistling:

He is a top lad and a good friend

one of the best Jon

not many like him around sadly

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Haha,,Cheeky tw@t... you can kip in the garage next time?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, si brown said:

No worries...Looks well on her jon?

Should be a nice little setup for black cat days!

if you want to lower the parallax see if the lads at the garage have a rubber oil filter strap that’ll get the front ring off!

cheers si 

To be fair mate, I was looking through it yesterday at 27yrds on x5 mag and, it was nice and clear :thumbs:

17 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

A few weeks back, Si was down this way with his missus - I think they were spending the night in Cheltenham or something.

:laugh: Good scopes those. My lad had one on his rimifre.