URGENT - STUD DOG, N YORKS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 months now. The bitch pup I kept on the right, the dam on the left. She's smaller than her mum, about 21", ideal for me and really happy with her. I see a couple of other litter mates and

Posted Images

What do people think is a fair price,?

Stud fee was £150, think I paid £180 for the bitch. They'll be chipped, vaccinated and wormed. I've given a couple away to friends because I know they'll be looked after. 

I did also have to put a new kennel in, but guess that's an investment. 

• Like 1

There your pups pal you decide a lot on here will say gift them.I've had the offer of gifted pups and have always insisted on giving a token gesture of £50 but most dogs I've bought have been £100 as most of the time off lads i knew except when I've had them off Hancock then I think I paid £150 and £175.I got gifted a old type lakie many years ago and only dog I've never gave a penny for as I drove from perthshire in Scotland to Wales for her and the lad wanted me to have her as he knew she'd be looked after and grafted and also I said he could have a litter off her in future.I had patterdales but she turned out a real dog he travelled up when she was 5 with his stud dog lined her paid for the rearing came back 8 weeks later and took the pups bar 1 which was sold to a local keeper and I didn't take a pup or penny.I'd rather take £100 off someone I know who will take care of them them than £2000 grand off someone who will be selling it in 6 months time due to having not enough time to do it justice or split with his bird etc.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, mswarbs said:

What do people think is a fair price,?

Stud fee was £150, think I paid £180 for the bitch. They'll be chipped, vaccinated and wormed. I've given a couple away to friends because I know they'll be looked after. 

I did also have to put a new kennel in, but guess that's an investment. 

Fair price old lad

2 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

There your pups pal you decide a lot on here will say gift them.I've had the offer of gifted pups and have always insisted on giving a token gesture of £50 but most dogs I've bought have been £100 as most of the time off lads i knew except when I've had them off Hancock then I think I paid £150 and £175.I got gifted a old type lakie many years ago and only dog I've never gave a penny for as I drove from perthshire in Scotland to Wales for her and the lad wanted me to have her as he knew she'd be looked after and grafted and also I said he could have a litter off her in future.I had patterdales but she turned out a real dog he travelled up when she was 5 with his stud dog lined her paid for the rearing came back 8 weeks later and took the pups bar 1 which was sold to a local keeper and I didn't take a pup or penny.I'd rather take £100 off someone I know who will take care of them them than £2000 grand off someone who will be selling it in 6 months time due to having not enough time to do it justice or split with his bird etc.

Appreciate that. 

With changes in law requiring microchips and vaccs I'll probably want to cover my costs, but if people on here can vouch for someone who wants one, i'm happy for the, to go for £50 - at the end of the day I want good homes, ideally working ones. The bitch is a great rabbiter, lamping and ferreting, and heard good things about the dog, so hopefully they'll make good dogs!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mswarbs said:

Appreciate that. 

With changes in law requiring microchips and vaccs I'll probably want to cover my costs, but if people on here can vouch for someone who wants one, i'm happy for the, to go for £50 - at the end of the day I want good homes, ideally working ones. The bitch is a great rabbiter, lamping and ferreting, and heard good things about the dog, so hopefully they'll make good dogs!

I wasn't saying sell them for that pal that's what I gave off lads I went out with who wanted to gift me a pup before all microchipping etc I think it's only fair you cover your cost's.I just don't belive in giving nothing so that was just a token jester and back when I bought my last dogs £100 was the going rate off lads with decent dogs now times have changed i haven't bought a dog since around 2005 so times have changed and in reality now if I went to buy a dog I wanted it would be off someone I didn't know as I'm not in the dog loop anymore so am going to have to pay more than the 50 or 100 more likely and travel unless there's some very kind chaps out there???

IAlso I might add I'd have paid the 150 or whatever you asked for yours no problem if they was what I was looking for I think that's probably a fair price considering I've seen absaloute shite for a lot more but I belive in what we used to call dogmen prices where there going to a decent home to be grafted not to some tit who's going to sell on working dog working men prices to working homes atb with them the kid

• Like 1