teaching recall to a bull x

Any opinions on how to improve recall with a bull x pup he will come to call perfect some times but other times chooses not to hear me is this just a pup thing that he will grow out of or does his recall need more work , pup is 9 months. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dog training is 90% conditioned response, so like training a dog to do anything, the most important rule is to only give the command when you're in a position to enforce it. That doesn't mean you shou

You got to make yourself more revelant to the pup at that stage of development,  sexuaity brings strong urges which are being  triggered by other stimulation,  a pup doesn’t finely tune any

Hi pal, sounds like you are confusing having a bond with having good social skills, make yourself the centre of his world, don't be fooled into thinking it's just a puppy thing at 9 months of age, the

Posted Images

He's going through the the teenager stage where his balls have dropped lol

Just keep on with the basics, if he's reasonable normally he'll be ok, just keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't get too headstrong. HTH.

Cheers, D.

When I went through this with my dog, I made a flirt pole out of a bamboo cane, some thin rope and a small piece of sheepskin rug. Then I got an acme 211.5 whistle. 

Start in the garden, peep the whistle and work the flirt pole. Won’t take long to click, then take it from there over field etc.

Would take mine down the beach, let him get carried away playing with dogs then give a few quick peeps and he’d be flying to chase the lure. Worked for me anyway mate. Play is the best reward

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Too add; I'm a firm believer that when you call your pup in, it should piss itself and collapse. It builds character when they're older ;)

You must put up the blue prints 

I've got an old foreman grill that mite be useful 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sionnach99 said:

Cheers lads he is out every day with other dogs so there is a good bond there, I suppose I can’t expect too much from a pup and just let him be for now, any one know how to post pictures on this? 

Just let him be a pup. But get him used to other dogs and livestock from day 1. 

Good luck