Dislexic son.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duty solicter did get her say and put it across very well. Although they did slap us with a fine at least they listened. He had 75% "attendance and they did see an improvement at the end of turn with

Arrange for him to get a work placement, apprenticeship maybe working towards a qualification... They happy to bend over backwards for some kid to change gender..... Poor kids not happy in a classroom

As said, do make sure that you get proper help.   Also put together as much info as you can about the lads struggles, truancy, upheaval of moving school and, about his progress on the work p

Posted Images

If my kids were young I,d home school them, just because the government now have more power than a parent over school kids and in the OP,s case definately home school, if your kids go to private school parents can't be fined, that's fair and just, more control over the future work force that's all it is, goodluck hope it works out ?

The trouble I see with schools over here is the child has a problem with a particular subject they ram them with it , my niece is what can only be described as numerically dyslexic , written numbers mean nothing to her what so ever , even the simplest of mathematical problem makes no sence ., so what do they do ? Extra maths , gets to the point where she hates school , of sick with worry and any excuse not to go .

My brother then moves to Spain on business,  enrols her in school over there and explains the problem expecting them to make a special effort to get her maths up to speck ,in fact they go  totally in the opposite direction  and explain they will work with her positive subjects and encourage her to improve on them , the difference in three months was staggering . She revelled in school , was speaking Spanish in no time and know runs an estate agency over there ..it seems every thing here is run and driven by exam results and not necessarily what’s best for individual kids , not every one is academic but have skills and common sence that will serve them well in there working life ..

hope you get it sorted for the lad ..

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, sussex said:

The trouble I see with schools over here is the child has a problem with a particular subject they ram them with it , my niece is what can only be described as numerically dyslexic , written numbers mean nothing to her what so ever , even the simplest of mathematical problem makes no sence ., so what do they do ? Extra maths , gets to the point where she hates school , of sick with worry and any excuse not to go .

My brother then moves to Spain on business,  enrols her in school over there and explains the problem expecting them to make a special effort to get her maths up to speck ,in fact they go  totally in the opposite direction  and explain they will work with her positive subjects and encourage her to improve on them , the difference in three months was staggering . She revelled in school , was speaking Spanish in no time and know runs an estate agency over there ..it seems every thing here is run and driven by exam results and not necessarily what’s best for individual kids , not every one is academic but have skills and common sence that will serve them well in there working life ..

hope you get it sorted for the lad ..

All budget and target related

• Like 1

My wife and I have been foster parents for a number of years now . And have had dealings with the courts. Contrary to what a lot of people would have you believe, they are not there to throw hard working parents with troubled children in jail . You may find that they will help you . Help is out there . I think your best bet is to speak to a social worker . What society can’t have is children out of school walking along duel carriage ways . It may be that they recommend a school which will board him all week and you have him home weekends . Whatever happens the court will make sure that the child’s best interests are put first, that won’t meen putting mum or dad in jail . The only people who would face doing time are idiots that don’t “engage “, if you are willing to do your bit everything will be fine . 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Meece said:

So whats the latest on this ? Has there been a court hearing yet?

Next Friday mate. Been solicitors. He said explain to the courts what's been happening and why he is so unhappy with the school they put him in. Plus tell the court that the last 3weeks of term that he was on like a working placement he hasn't missed a day.! Also on one teacher statement it says they have contacted me personally on the phone. Which is utter bullshit and I have all my phone records on paper with no number from them. No voicemail etc. My wife is more at ease and is ready to voice her concerns if the courts will listen.which hopefully they will. Our main solicter ha sold us to use duty solicter on the morning we turn up.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Next Friday mate. Been solicitors. He said explain to the courts what's been happening and why he is so unhappy with the school they put him in. Plus tell the court that the last 3weeks of term that he was on like a working placement he hasn't missed a day.!

Explain you position and concerns but Beware of using this as a defence.  》》》》 it aint school and you've know that he aint been there. and he's been mooching off the school premises along a major road《《《《 this problem hasn't just reared up without some concern and action by the school . that's why you are in this position.

》》》》Also on one teacher statement it says they have contacted me personally on the phone. Which is utter bullshit and I have all my phone records on paper with no number from them. No voicemail etc. . 《《《《《 IF they submit this statement they will also have records of it. This is standard procedure in cases like this and if you turn up making that statement and it is shown that they did contact you,  your case will be undermined to the point of being classed as lying or mistaken. Be thoughtfull of your statements.  Good luck to you and getting the help that you and the boy need. Let us know how you get on either way. Everyone need help at times.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Next Friday mate. Been solicitors. He said explain to the courts what's been happening and why he is so unhappy with the school they put him in. Plus tell the court that the last 3weeks of term that he was on like a working placement he hasn't missed a day.! Also on one teacher statement it says they have contacted me personally on the phone. Which is utter bullshit and I have all my phone records on paper with no number from them. No voicemail etc. My wife is more at ease and is ready to voice her concerns if the courts will listen.which hopefully they will. Our main solicter ha sold us to use duty solicter on the morning we turn up.

Duty Solicitor might be the way, he will take you on a green sheet if your lucky, he'll push for a adjournment for paper work, you'll get a social worker to help sort things out with the school and any other things you might other wise struggle with.   Don't think you can go to court with out being represented by a brief in this situation. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Schools and their exams are bullshit anyway. All these kids made to think their dead smart when they arent people only learned a little the so called genius who got good exam results were just better t remembering stuff. Doesnt mean they could put it into practice or had a clue what it meant.

Yeah.....  what he said .  The judge will be a very clever man and will take on board all off those Important points. Whatever they are.

11 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Dont worry about it to much just scare tactics. Heres a proper story though a woman in dubai got 5 days in prison for farting in the mall.

Did she follow through ? ...last thing they want over there is a 6ft skid mark up the fresh food isle ! ?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Im not saying that will help this situation but it is an absolute fact that school isnt the be all and end all for his son.  I just have to look at the school dux from my school year aka the 3 brightest pupils who get their name on a board at the end of the exams for doing great amd told how clever they are . One of them laughed at me for getting a shitey apprenticeship. Shes now a secretary for that company.  One of them tries to sell art online.  The other got his first girlfriend after school. He took out massive debt to kit out her house then she left him and now he works in a sports centre his dreams of being a chemistry teacher crushed. What im saying is just because the kid might not do so well academically  or cant remember a few shitey things they teach you in classes and get the letters  A on a bit of paper doesnt mean he cant do well in life. 

I hardly ever went to school and didn't really get any grades. I myself wasn't told I was dyslexic till I was 15. By then I didn't care much for school as it was to late for any help. Any way after most of my life in bottom classes and thinking I was a failure. I am now 41  and a manager of a construction firm. With 20 men. Building million pounds harbour apartments. Plus also my other son who is also dyslexic is in his 2nd year of joinery aged 19 he can hang doors etc for fun. 

• Like 6