Dislexic son.

A friend of mine was in the same situation as you growing up foxpack, told he was dyslexic in his last year of school left with nothing but  bad memories, his saving grace was he was a complete petrolhead and now owns his own workshop with a couple of lads working for him and also does real well dealing in cars, just bought himself a brand new m5 a couple of months back and is also one of the most happy go lucky lads I know. 

• Like 2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duty solicter did get her say and put it across very well. Although they did slap us with a fine at least they listened. He had 75% "attendance and they did see an improvement at the end of turn with

Arrange for him to get a work placement, apprenticeship maybe working towards a qualification... They happy to bend over backwards for some kid to change gender..... Poor kids not happy in a classroom

As said, do make sure that you get proper help.   Also put together as much info as you can about the lads struggles, truancy, upheaval of moving school and, about his progress on the work p

Posted Images

I was finally expelled from school at 15 without a single exam result to my name ... I've never claimed a penny always been in work and now own my own business ... school isn't the b all and end all of everything .......

• Like 5

Alad i went to school with spent more time in borstal than in lessons. Exam time he put his name on the papers and then drew a line through them. He's in Australia now and owns his own plant hire business.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, talt said:

Alad i went to school with spent more time in borstal than in lessons. Exam time he put his name on the papers and then drew a line through them. He's in Australia now and owns his own plant hire business.

You had to put your name on the paper or you were charged money for not doing the exam I did the same thing I,m afraid, one of my mates drives a new Porsche owns 9 houses and several small businesses yet he can't even write his own name, if your willing to graft are fit and healthy you have as much chance as anyone, 

• Like 3
On 31/07/2018 at 18:34, Foxpack 2 said:

Hi all. Me and the Mrs has been summoned to court for section 444 1a. Which is trauncy. But knowing that the pupil is off. Carries a 2,500 fine and /or 3months in jail.!! Now my son is severly dislexic and really struggles at school. So school put him in another school for struggling kids and bad kids. The poor lad was struggling and feeling trapped so keeped walking out. But walking home via a dual carriaway. He is 14 years old. Anyway now court are involved and we are up in 3 weeks. My Mrs is seriously flapping and reading all stories on the Internet about jail etc. Anyone else had same going on.. P. S my daughter has 100% attendance and is a straight A student. And also the last 3 weeks my son has been put on a placement fixing moterbikes, cars etc and hasn't missed a day.!! 

A lot of posters on this thread need to go back to the original post because it isnt about how many bits of paper you came out of school with or how xyz has done since they left school. It is very easy to get sidetracked and the whole lot become a pit of marshmallow and a waste of time.

The critical statement from the original  post is 》》》 Me and the Mrs has been summoned to court for section 444 1a. Which is trauncy. But knowing that the pupil is off. Carries a 2,500 fine and /or 3months in jail.!!

Edited by Meece

Duty solicter did get her say and put it across very well. Although they did slap us with a fine at least they listened. He had 75% "attendance and they did see an improvement at the end of turn with the new school letting him use his hands more etc. I. E fixing cars etc. The magistrates did even say that some schools lack knowledge on some youngsters abilitys. That's what leads to kids thinking they have failed. Thanks everyone for pms  and advice. Much appraited. This is my son with his best friend nettle. Never leaves his side. ?DSC_0055.thumb.JPG.b03bbd3086d40c0096fe2645ff2d3a65.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1