Oakwood South Wales

Just thought I'd put this in here incase any parents south Wales fancy taking their kids there thid week , kits go free this week if they wear yellow because Welsh guy won tour de France . Knocked £30-£40 off us as a family of 4 going 

• Like 1

How did you find it? Its been getting progressively worse every year since it was taken over by a Spanish company. I haven't been there for years despite it being on my doorstep.. 

I haven't been for over a decade . Had such great memories there as a kid. Went there today and it was ok.  The choice if food there was pathetic tho . Half the places weren't serving . Ended up with a pizza in one place for 13 quid.  Bit of a ripoff really.  But the kids absolutely loved every second of it . I'd been bigging the  place up for last few years and finally today they went and went on their first rollercoasters etc . Hour 1/2 cue for mehaohobia tho 

Just to add , normal family pass is £94 . Don't think I'd go there for that price tho . Softened the blow having kids for free today . 

One thing that really pissed me off were these "fast pass" that people had . Allowing them to jump the cue in front of everyone.  £15 each person for one of them and some people were in families of 6/7 . Must have cost them a fortune 

Edited by Welsh_red
  • Like 1

Took the kids to South Wales a couple of times when they were young.., too young for Oakwood really. There was a place called Folly Farm just down the road..., had all the old fairground rides laid out on barns + animals, go-karting..., loads of stuff for kids. I remember it was decent value for money too. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Took the kids to South Wales a couple of times when they were young.., too young for Oakwood really. There was a place called Folly Farm just down the road..., had all the old fairground rides laid out on barns + animals, go-karting..., loads of stuff for kids. I remember it was decent value for money too. 

Depends on when you went but folly farm has gone into the stratosphere. Im 34 and in remember as s kid going and it was farmyard stuff , go karts and bits like that aswell but mainly tractor rides , goats , livestock etc . Used to love it . Now it's basically a zoo . They got lions , penguins and loads of exotic animals . The fair ground is awesome aswell. Instead of cash you swap money for tokens to go on things with most stuff about 50p worth of tokens to go on.  Reasonably cheap to go aswell . We usually go once a year and never fail to enjoy it . 

• Like 1

Folly Farm is probably the best attraction around here these days. Mannor House is ok, that divy bint Anna Ryder-Richardson took it over but she's recently legged it to France. Bought a Zoo, plastered her name and face everywhere, made a TV show about it then complained that people kept coming to the park to gawp at her and she felt like one of the animals there! :laugh: WTF did she expect?? :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Malt said:

Folly Farm is probably the best attraction around here these days. Mannor House is ok, that divy bint Anna Ryder-Richardson took it over but she's recently legged it to France. Bought a Zoo, plastered her name and face everywhere, made a TV show about it then complained that people kept coming to the park to gawp at her and she felt like one of the animals there! :laugh: WTF did she expect?? :laugh:

Before she took it over I remember going to that place as a kid and loving the bird displays.  We went there as she was taking over and their was nearly nothing there then.  Felt really duped as they charged us full price .

If we're talking nostalgic theme parks . Do you ever rembers " gunsmoke town" in seven sisters I think . That was a amazing day out as a kid

• Like 1

There's a fair bit there now, tigers, rhinos, etc. P1060564.thumb.JPG.4c59807a76d5c643aa20b922e03397c6.JPGP1060535.thumb.JPG.e9cee20ec3ed07abdc41b297653fc500.JPGWell worth another look if you haven't been there for a while. :)

Never went to that one, went to Penscynor though up by Neath! Remember seeing their sticker on cars all over the place! :laugh:

943039485_download(1).jpeg.dda7527344c51eedab2966627a1df337.jpeg

1 hour ago, Malt said:

There's a fair bit there now, tigers, rhinos, etc. P1060564.thumb.JPG.4c59807a76d5c643aa20b922e03397c6.JPGP1060535.thumb.JPG.e9cee20ec3ed07abdc41b297653fc500.JPGWell worth another look if you haven't been there for a while. :)

Never went to that one, went to Penscynor though up by Neath! Remember seeing their sticker on cars all over the place! :laugh:

943039485_download(1).jpeg.dda7527344c51eedab2966627a1df337.jpeg

2 minute walk from my house into what's left of penscynor ,most of its been built on but there's quite a few buildings and cages left in the woods behind  my house

Was a massive attraction in its day before the likes of Oakwood and folly farm

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, dewi said:

2 minute walk from my house into what's left of penscynor ,most of its been built on but there's quite a few buildings and cages left in the woods behind  my house

Bet the cages in the woods look freaky 

17 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

18 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

The old chimp cages are a bit creepy , there was an incident where a few chimps escaped and ended up shot..

2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Before she took it over I remember going to that place as a kid and loving the bird displays.  We went there as she was taking over and their was nearly nothing there then.  Felt really duped as they charged us full price .

If we're talking nostalgic theme parks . Do you ever rembers " gunsmoke town" in seven sisters I think . That was a amazing day out as a kid

i grew up in seven sister's lol yea the gunsmoke was a cracking place.the cowboy's loved it shooting flat out there.

2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:
52 minutes ago, dewi said:

the slide was good there untill you were brave and didnt brake much dewi.if i remember right they had a black talking bird there.was it a minor bird.i remember the blue and yellow mccaw parrot big lovely looking bird.

2 hours ago, dewi said:

Spent many a day there as a kid and plenty of nights taking trout out of lake during the miners strike lol .......

• Like 3

when I was a lad st fagans in South Wales was a great day out remember going there on a school trip when I was really young and taking my own kids there 20 odd years back, no animals but a good look into the past 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

when I was a lad st fagans in South Wales was a great day out remember going there on a school trip when I was really young and taking my own kids there 20 odd years back, no animals but a good look into the past 

My kids go there pretty much every day (year*) with school 

Edited by Welsh_red
  • Like 1