Quick question?

22 minutes ago, two crows said:

its just ego's coursers seam to crave a name, there are some very well known dog men in the coursing world who built reputations on bought in dogs, as for collie greyhounds pissing on coursing dogs at coursing  lol must off been a reel useless one.

Not talking about coursing against them on the fens or the big fields of the likes of Lincolnshire and in my personal opinion the dog was not upto much to be honest but the lad has a decent name in the coursing game I belive and does OK out of it his pups used to go for around £1500  I think if you get a good dog in that game it builds your reputation then people live off it.and the lad had and does have some very good dogs just saying the 1 that went for the silly money wasn't a world beater just had a good day and defo wasn't the best in his kennel

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some do an ounce pal........

when I was a boy most of the lurchers in my area were deerhound based, and decent dogs in reality, but I was a smug little b*****d cos I got a saluki lurcher, and at that time 1969 there were very few

The thing that a lot of people don't realise is that a hare won't hit top speed until the dog is right behind it. It might look as though it's going flat out, but watch it go down a gear or two when t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Not talking about coursing against them on the fens or the big fields of the likes of Lincolnshire and in my personal opinion the dog was not upto much to be honest but the lad has a decent name in the coursing game I belive and does OK out of it his pups used to go for around £1500  I think if you get a good dog in that game it builds your reputation then people live off it.and the lad had and does have some very good dogs just saying the 1 that went for the silly money wasn't a world beater just had a good day and defo wasn't the best in his kennel

So basically he was laughing all the way to the bank knowing he was getting a shit load for a dud. My point is other dog lads would have been crucified for doing such a deed but i bet it got overlooked seeing as though he has the name? 

• Like 1

Any animal bred for competion will sell for big money horses greyhounds lurchers pit bulls match animals, working collie selling for top money trainered for sheep and for competitions. People make money of these matching studing and breeding and every ones aim is to have something Better 

• Like 2

Taking in the fact of selective breeding,stud fees,bringing the pup up and doing the job it’s cones to time as you wouldn’t work for free everyday of your life would you.but like said horses,greyhounds,pigeons,canaries British birds if you want good stock you pay the price.but like you say lads get slated for selling pups £200 plus.all you have to say to the people then is don’t pay it if you can’t afford it and stop waiting your time.

• Like 2
Just now, peterhunter86 said:

After getting fcuked out the back of a scoobie 

You think a Collie cross would hack that without snapping in two, that rusty thing of yours might catch one. You've heard of the Tortoise and the Hare pal? ??

42 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Exactly so why ain’t same price tag on other crosses that are top of their chosen game???

I think a lot has to do with big money been bet at hare coursing due's.

Doesn't make any difference to me what people charge. 

The biggest I have paid for a pup was £200. 

My other dog was gutted after mine had to be pts. 

• Like 1