• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to catch this small barbel out of the River Kennet the other night, I haven’t fished it for a few years. Apparently it’s not the river it used to be, I have heard that otters are one of the re

Very rocky and weedy.  Last attempt before waiting for the rains to come. 

Get some halibut pellets and some large 2/3 oz open ended feeders, plug a few pellets in the feeder at each end with the groundbait?fiddly those pva bags, I use and prefer the mesh stocking type ?I us

Posted Images

19 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Cheers. You say 'shelf life'.....? 

My pellets have been opened for about 3 week, but sealed in a bucket.....is that OK? 

Boilies come in freezer bait that need to be kept in the freezer or air dried to stop them going off or shelf life which usually have a preservative in them to stop them going off and are the ones you see in most shops amongst the pellets and groundbait and they are the ones that most people use because of the convenance . It used to be that freezer bait was better but today’s shelf life’s are a lot better quality than they used to be so there’s not much difference now . Your pellets should be fine unless they’ve been gotten damp 

• Like 1

You got it sorted rig, bait wise just need to find the fish mate?don't  be afraid to put some bait down?small pva/mesh bag attached to your lead, maybe try a 'stringer' attached to your hook with a few freebees, always give my hookbaits a dip in some glug?bit of a scent trail get them going..... Took my mate 2 seasons to finally hook and land one.... Poor f****r would be fishing next to me, same tactics but not  have any luck?would tell him,its called fishing.... Not catching ?your time will come, and be worth the effort ?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

You got it sorted rig, bait wise just need to find the fish mate?don't  be afraid to put some bait down?small pva/mesh bag attached to your lead, maybe try a 'stringer' attached to your hook with a few freebees, always give my hookbaits a dip in some glug?bit of a scent trail get them going..... Took my mate 2 seasons to finally hook and land one.... Poor f****r would be fishing next to me, same tactics but not  have any luck?would tell him,its called fishing.... Not catching ?your time will come, and be worth the effort ?

I’ve got a mate like that with grayling . I’ve taken him to to places full of them and let him work through the swims first and he’s just caught trout and I’ll follow him down and catch grayling from the same place he’s just been . He came down to watch me one day last year and was telling me he’d tried the pink f-flies I’d told him to try and not caught , I had a couple of grayling on them while he was telling me that . I let him have a go and he couldn’t get one but as soon as I got the rod back I started catching them again . Don’t know why that happens , think it was Keith Arthur or Des Taylor who used call it having bad hands 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, neil r said:

I’ve got a mate like that with grayling . I’ve taken him to to places full of them and let him work through the swims first and he’s just caught trout and I’ll follow him down and catch grayling from the same place he’s just been . He came down to watch me one day last year and was telling me he’d tried the pink f-flies I’d told him to try and not caught , I had a couple of grayling on them while he was telling me that . I let him have a go and he couldn’t get one but as soon as I got the rod back I started catching them again . Don’t know why that happens , think it was Keith Arthur or Des Taylor who used call it having bad hands 

In fairness once he landed his first he never looked back,his knees would be knocking and he would bump them off or have a hook pull at the net lol, i put it down to confidence, he started to check his hooklinks knots etc after every cast, recasting if he wasnt happy?infact this season hes had more fish out than me............. 

Jammy so and so?

• Like 1