• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to catch this small barbel out of the River Kennet the other night, I haven’t fished it for a few years. Apparently it’s not the river it used to be, I have heard that otters are one of the re

Very rocky and weedy.  Last attempt before waiting for the rains to come. 

Get some halibut pellets and some large 2/3 oz open ended feeders, plug a few pellets in the feeder at each end with the groundbait?fiddly those pva bags, I use and prefer the mesh stocking type ?I us

Posted Images

12 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

As Neil says try the golf course there's some carp in there to but gets busy by the bridge is a good spot or elston lane it's a club water but the farmer is allowed a couple of tickets a day it's right at the bottom 

If you get the Wigan or St. Helens ticket for elston and go on the bottom farm my favourite 2 pegs on that stretch were off the shingle bank at the start of the redscar woods , casting downstream and also below the pipes 2 fields to the left from where you park , fish the near channel straight across from the farm on the other bank . 

• Like 1

Yeah that's right. 

The rivers to low really and prob shouldn't be fishing for barbel. Iv been set up waiting to catch my first one since opening day and I can't wait any longer. I'm planning on just trying to get to know half a dozen swims so when the waters up at least iv got some idea. Saw plenty of chub and I'm going to take some worms and try for an eel or two. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

IMG_20180422_153401_469.thumb.jpg.a26f0d411d1fe294e9af938dce6803bb.jpg

Been the slowest start to the season in last 10 yrs on the wye, really do with a few days of heavy rainfall, shift the weed and raise the water levels?

Nice Dan . may bump into you ,