• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been setting the scope on my new gun.what a piece or kit over the moon with it.

Si Brown will be along soon he has one and loves it its in sub 12 he likes it so much he has order,d another in .25 fac nice little rifle to lug around and very accurate atvbjimmy

Some body has talked his self into a new gun, good luck with it Mac. ?

Posted Images

I can’t see me getting rid of the 100 either!

got to many perms where fac is to much and I don’t want to be messin with power settings, my mate put his down next to mine the other night and it looks as good as mine and it’s over 10 year old and never been serviced?That’s quality 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

I'm a big fan of Crickets - another nice solid little rifle :yes:

...... Those ones with a full length stock look spot on.

I've never tried a Vulcan Rob - maybe one day :hmm:

The one pain in the arse about that Matador was the cocking bolt - you have to bring the rifle back down to load the next shot, unless you're a contortionist :blink:

Yeah I really rate the crickets, hence I have 3, they have a few things I would like to see improved for sure, but I'm yet to find a rifle I can't find something I don't like ? Am fussy you see.

The Vulcan is something else mate, I bought mine on a whim and have fell in love, it's my ''go to'' daytime rifle now, and the .25 cricket is my night rig.

Your bang on the money about the matador, its was the one and only reason I sold my two, not only awkward, but not smooth enough for my liking either.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Rabid said:

Yeah I really rate the crickets, hence I have 3, they have a few things I would like to see improved for sure, but I'm yet to find a rifle I can't find something I don't like ? Am fussy you see.

The Vulcan is something else mate, I bought mine on a whim and have fell in love, it's my ''go to'' daytime rifle now, and the .25 cricket is my night rig.

Your bang on the money about the matador, its was the one and only reason I sold my two, not only awkward, but not smooth enough for my liking either.

Was looking at a brocock compatto the other day

and iv got to say i was impressed with it

in 177 i nearly bought it

may still do yet

then once i get my fac turn it up

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

7 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Was looking at a brocock compatto the other day

and iv got to say i was impressed with it

in 177 i nearly bought it

may still do yet

then once i get my fac turn it up

I came very close to doing a deal on one of those against a rifle I was selling, but had a few bad reports about them and didn't want to end up with a lemon so walked away.

1 minute ago, Rabid said:

I came very close to doing a deal on one of those against a rifle I was selling, but had a few bad reports about them and didn't want to end up with a lemon so walked away.

What was the bad points on them Rabid

as im still thinking about it

3 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

What was the bad points on them Rabid

as im still thinking about it

I can't remember exactly, I think it was reliability but could be wrong, was over a year and many guns ago ?

27 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I can't remember exactly, I think it was reliability but could be wrong, was over a year and many guns ago ?

ill have a look at the reviews

but i think its a cheep rifle at £525

and fitted with a mtc optisan scope

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs:

Had a big  old fat rat in the yard last night with the impact . The Mrs was holding the lamp as I have not yet fitted me night vision to it yet. First of many with it, think I am going to get on with this gun. Going to order a 177 barrel for It.Going to sell my other guns and just keep the impact nice pease of kit love shooting this thing lol

• Like 1
15 hours ago, philpot said:

I have to say that my Impact fac .25 is my 'go to' rifle and rarely even bother taking the rimfire out as the Imp does it all. I really couldn't think of not owning it. 

Phil

Had a good talk to si yesterday Phil

and if i cant push to an impact im going for the wild cat

as a nv rifle then thermal once i get one

Iv seen si get some  good bags with his wild cat

so the next time im down im going to use his 22 sub 12 and he is going to use the .25 fac wild cat

this way i can try before i buy one

and iv been watching the vermin hunters u tube vids with the compatto target

iv still got a little niggle in the back of my head for one despite all the woes

• Like 1

One thing is for certain Jimmy, the Wildcats are lovely to use, it is only the mag that lets them down. I had both a .177 and .22 but 8 shot mag is rubbish when on the rats and I had them jump out of the gun a couple of times. If FX had upgraded the mags I would be wanting another.

Phil

• Like 1