Wanted land to shoot rabbit

Plenty of footpaths, bridleways down your way, walk them, see where the gear is and ask the farmers, be plenty grateful for responsible pigeon/corviid control.

Get insurance through basc etc but cheaper and better off with SACS off here (do a search)

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
On 01/08/2018 at 19:54, Luke Evo-4 said:

Thanks mate I'll be looking into the insurance, there are tons of corn fields around holding hundreds of pidgeon it's just finding the land owner that I'm struggling with I think it's just a case of knocking and asking 

Could also try knocking yourself up a flyer.

Add a information about your self and what your looking for eg general pest control etc.

Add your number and an email.

If there not in drop one through the door.

I got a few replies doing it that way...

unfortunately to says thanks for the offer but they already had someone.

Took me a year before I got my bit of land, perseverance pays off and don’t get disheartened with knock backs.

Good luck and keep at it?

• Like 1
On 30/07/2018 at 23:59, Welsh_red said:

One tip if you've never been on a forum before is don't take anything to heart . People will be blunt with you . Some will be bellends . Just the way internet is.  But if your genuinely looking for help/ tips/ info on hunting this place can be a goldmine.  Personally I've learn so much from reading this site it's been great . Most of the stuff on here is not something I do but reading about the mole catchers / falconry / fishermen on here it's great learning about it . But on here the dog running guys have really opened my eyes to hunting with dogs . Not something I've done or plan on doing but the enthusiasm some have is infectious to read . If you want to throw yourself into whatever sport your interested hunting wise theirs no better place . 

100% agree with you on that WR

iv got a hell of a lot more respect for the lads now

after being out with MHOPTON and his dog Blade .

and that from a air gunner lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:50, Luke Evo-4 said:

Thanks bud I'm in cornwall so plenty of farms about I'm just going to knock an ask if you don't ask you don't get 

Don't make life harder than it needs to be, don't mention you want to bring your dog and children as well.   You can ask about that later when you get established!

• Like 1

Get some vermin control cards made up

they tend to keep the cards and throw the rest ,,letters and so on

Get your self stuck into the forum let the lads get to know you and most important TRUST you

and offer,s will come along of a night... days out will come .

All way do as they ask and respect there views and wishes

because if you dont they will post it on here and NO one will offer you out again .

There are a hell of a lot of good lads on hear that will help you out

but asking for land is a big no no

its harden nuff as is to get land as you will no doubt find out .

we tend to protect our land and then some .

good luck with your search

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

Thanks for all the advice people I have received a few permissions over the last few days through local farms I followed everyone's advice and knocked and asked did get a few knock backs but perseverance payed off I now have more land to work than I know what to do with I'm off out tonight for a bit of lamping let you all know how I got on  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 8 August 2018 at 15:53, Luke Evo-4 said:

Thanks for all the advice people I have received a few permissions over the last few days through local farms I followed everyone's advice and knocked and asked did get a few knock backs but perseverance payed off I now have more land to work than I know what to do with I'm off out tonight for a bit of lamping let you all know how I got on  

On my way to the farm and the turbo on my car decided to shit itself so been repairing it all weekend will keep you all updated with the lamping as and when

• Like 1