Whats your approach to Poachers

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:42, Phil Lloyd said:

Nowadays, there is no profit in taking the game, birds, deer, etc...:yes:

Back in the day,  I hunted for the gold doubloons, the concept of sport, did not come into the equation.

Of course, it was morally wrong...only a fool would think otherwise,..but there ya go,..what is done is done...

I've paid my dues,...and mercifully no longer have a financial need to kill for profit...

I've no regrets,...life goes on...?

933008334_ROSEMe014.thumb.jpg.ac40010922488b90879f27655f116ed7.jpg

lovely picture I poached it for a screen saver ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know , the local dog lads who if I were not on good terms with would no doubt be all over my patch like a rash . But I’ve got them on board. They help me clear out my pens prior to release. We also

If they are serious and well-schooled freelancers,..you are most unlikely to ever encounter them...?

Nowadays, there is no profit in taking the game, birds, deer, etc... Back in the day,  I hunted for the gold doubloons, the concept of sport, did not come into the equation. Of course, it wa

Posted Images

I normally only look at the running dog section but have seen this, when I was 9/10 years old I got my first running dog and for the next thirty years I poached mostly with dogs but I used ferrets nets etc day and night I have been a bird catcher and taken game birds a night I must of been a pain at times but mostly I don't believe anyone knew I had been I had a great time and don't regret a one moment, I have and am on the other sid of the fence now I worked on a partridge shoot part time where I was releasing  10,000 partridges a year and running my beaters for 22 days a season, on my own, right in the middle of prime coursing country, I court lads went to them  explained the situation asked them to leave and they all ways did no greif, most lads just want some sport, and are not gangs of cutthroats lol just need to talk to them I remember being on permission with a chap and the next door keeper came to us mob handed and one of his hangers on kept saying ive got the car no over and over while we were trying to tell the keeper we had permission, that situation could of escalated very quick especialy when I told the keeper if that bloke don't shut up I will shove that bat up his arse lol, he shut up,  they came with totally the wrong approach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:12, foxdropper said:

Lol and more dogs get shot .Not my problem any longer thank God. Hard men rarely turn out to be such at night when they are on their own lol.

I think its mostly the farmers/ keepers that think they hard when there mob handed, and don't often go in on there own, ime a keeper and I think youre a twat!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I find it quite shocking that all this stuff is being put on a Hunting Site by supposed 'Hunting men'. Talk of calling the Police and having dogs shot etc is not on at all IMO. To me it's the same as being on a dig and someone calling the Police on you, to the lads that say they call the Police etc, are you saying you're crystal clear and certainly must do no regular digging? 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I find it quite shocking that all this stuff is being put on a Hunting Site by supposed 'Hunting men'. Talk of calling the Police and having dogs shot etc is not on at all IMO. To me it's the same as being on a dig and someone calling the Police on you, to the lads that say they call the Police etc, are you saying you're crystal clear and certainly must do no regular digging? 

I've seen a few Crystal clear hilux windscreens belonging to the poultry minders as they come to a shuddering halt on a country lane flip flop tongued and pot belly breathless :laugh:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I've seen a few Crystal clear hilux windscreens belonging to the poultry minders as they come to a shuddering halt on a country lane flip flop tongued and pot belly breathless :laugh:

Its when their carrying 12 bores with murderous intent you have to worry.lol

On 07/10/2018 at 09:43, Rabbit Hunter said:

Some folks invest a lot into the land they have the sporting rights to. Some folks aren't for settling and prefer the travellers lifestyle when it comes to their sport. I don't think there is any reconciling this.

Plenty of shit is illegal, I don't think that makes anything right or wrong, the law is just another tool for combating what someone feels IS wrong. Sometimes that is hypocritical and sometimes it's not. For folks that have invested a lot in a legit piece of land then phoning the police makes infinite sense, unless we're going to argue that protecting your shit ain't right at all? It's the path of least resistance and risk. Land that is 'hot' gets avoided, simple. Shooting dogs is not a path of least resistance, it's f***ing reckless bravado.

Whatever you do, you make your bed and f***ing sleep in it.... keeper, poacher, sportsman or whatever. No one is the epitome of f***ing righteousness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've got to agree, these dickheads that drive the land and leave game lying dead and rob farms etc are shitheads. Not sportsmen, and I agree they need to be dealt with. 

But what doesn't sit right with me is the lads that do their own thing, some of it on the wrong side of the law shall we say, and think all is fine. But then as soon as someone is doing something that upsets them they're straight on the phone to the Plod. 

It's double standards and happens in all country pursuits, you get the hunts that think every fox is theirs and slate all other types of hunting, then the riflemen that blame lurcherlads for wiping places out and vice versa. 

And then lads that are writing some real bad stuff on this thread for the world to see and then go for a days digging or whatever and think all is fine.

United we stand, my arse.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I think everyone has gone lamping or ferreting on land without permission at some point and although poaching is illegal the majority of boys are only after a few rabbits and dont damage or steal anything off the land and they leave without a trace the gates get tied back shut behind them and thats how it should be but what gets me is when people drive through fences and gates and steal from the farms and that is why every poacher gets a bad name and we are not all the same

• Like 8

there were always twats and thieves in coursing, those that drive the land both day and night, but the threat of having your dog and car taken away has made things much worse in my opinion, now they nearly all drive and take the chase, it was a lot less trouble to land owners when lads walked the land like we used to.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

“The first person who, having enclosed a plot of land, took it into his head to say this is mine and found people simple enough to believe him was the true founder of civil society. What crimes, wars, murders, what miseries and horrors would the human race have been spared, had some one pulled up the stakes or filled in the ditch and cried out to his fellow men: "Do not listen to this imposter. You are lost if you forget that the fruits of the earth belong to all and the earth to no one!”

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

“The first person who, having enclosed a plot of land, took it into his head to say this is mine and found people simple enough to believe him was the true founder of civil society. What crimes, wars, murders, what miseries and horrors would the human race have been spared, had some one pulled up the stakes or filled in the ditch and cried out to his fellow men: "Do not listen to this imposter. You are lost if you forget that the fruits of the earth belong to all and the earth to no one!”

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

What a load of b@ll@cks !!!                    

Shovel leaner 

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3