Got to love stuff like this

same here katchum ...read it befor...but still read it again as its a fascinating story thanks for putting it up stiffy....

reminds me of another tale ....about a groupe of jap soldiers who were marooned on some pacific island in ww2 ....when the war ended they didn't belive anybody and carried on trying to survive with no help ....so ocasionaly they would steel from local villages ect...many attempts were made by jap government to get them back but they never belived anybody....this went on for nearly 30 years....in the end there was only one or two left.....and the father of one of them was sent over....and he or they I forget how many were left eventualy surrenderd

I got a few bits wrong ..it was his commanding officer...but you get the jist...

heres a link I found if it works...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 3

There is a documentary on utube somewhere, it's only the daughter left after they met the geologists the rest of her family died, she,s also got an immune system like no other and is resistant to things like limes disease, it would take a bathtub full of beer before you would though ?? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

There is a documentary on utube somewhere, it's only the daughter left after they met the geologists the rest of her family died, she,s also got an immune system like no other and is resistant to things like limes disease, it would take a bathtub full of beer before you would though ?? 

I watched one on Amazon Prime over here. Far Out: Agafia's Taiga Life. It's the daughter and she's still out there at 70.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

same here katchum ...read it befor...but still read it again as its a fascinating story thanks for putting it up stiffy....

reminds me of another tale ....about a groupe of jap soldiers who were marooned on some pacific island in ww2 ....when the war ended they didn't belive anybody and carried on trying to survive with no help ....so ocasionaly they would steel from local villages ect...many attempts were made by jap government to get them back but they never belived anybody....this went on for nearly 30 years....in the end there was only one or two left.....and the father of one of them was sent over....and he or they I forget how many were left eventualy surrenderd

I got a few bits wrong ..it was his commanding officer...but you get the jist...

Philippines Tomo,he was on lubang just off Mindoro,i can imagine he wouldn't starve there,fruit everywhere,loads of fish in the seas,and he robbed local farmers,i think he even murdered one of them?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TOMO said:

They used one of my all time heroes to find him 

• Like 1

List of Japanese who were found on various islands after the second world war,there were also shaky reports of two soldiers living in the mindoro hinterlands as late as 2005.

post-1930-1201292603_thumb.jpg

japanese-stragglers-1947-74.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I watched one on Amazon Prime over here. Far Out: Agafia's Taiga Life. It's the daughter and she's still out there at 70.

She's a proper bird, all her teeth ground flat through eating nuts, and a tumour like a football caused by all the Russian space debris that lands in Siberia and she still lives a totally wild life, makes bear grills look like a Boy Scout, but I still could,nt ?

• Haha 1

bloody hell mack that was some list...I had no idea there were so many....

who was your hero stiffy that found him.....the jap hippy fella that tracked him down first?