Prepare ya sens...

In Scotland some prick shot a 2 year old in the head while he was being carried on his dads shoulders in Glasgow , and now we have all airguns licenced  its just the excuse they need to follow suit 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, The one said:

In Scotland some prick shot a 2 year old in the head while he was being carried on his dads shoulders in Glasgow , and now we have all airguns licenced  its just the excuse they need to follow suit 

Is the air rifle license similar to a shotgun certificate or not as strict?.

I can see uss being licensed before long with all the bad press our sport gets,but to be truthefull its easier getting a illegal fire arm then it is  a registered one,most town people can buy a hand gun if they know the right people

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Str said:

Is the air rifle license similar to a shotgun certificate or not as strict?.

Just as strict , but as there's so many people applying here and there cutting the number of FAO if you have a firearm cert or shotgun cert its deemed you have good reason to have a air gun and you don't need a licence till you current certificate expires  then you must apply for one it only going to be a £10 , but if you only have a air gun you must apply  now and show good reason why you need a airgun and its £90  so my fao  told me when i asked and i had to get him to email the details so health and safety on some of my permissions would still let me shoot without the new licence after i showed them the email 

• Thanks 1

Maybe some prespective should be used when defending air guns . All activites carry risk people die eating food . The fact is air guns are one of the safer activity in life must be mentioned fishing is more dangerous than shooting air guns, also I think one of the bigger killers of children is hourse riding https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/tag/rider-fatality cycling , skate boards and football must also have problems but the CAMPAIGNERS fail to mention this , we must when ever possible . as usual a licence will have prevented this HOW .

Edited by barrywhite
  • Like 2

Not wishing to deflate this tragic accident at all.

Most kids, for instance, love to carry a catapult,- no licence required.

Cross bows - no licence required.

Long bows - no licence required.  Etc, etc.

One day, not so long back at my club, the lads chronographed a Black Widow catapult with a steel ball at 28 ft/lbs without fully stretching the power available .

So what is a cross bow`s power level, or a Long bow, or a car at 40 mph, a model airplane striking you etc, etc.

A tragic accident for sure, just happened to have happened with a pellet gun of some description.

Got to agree theres other more dangerous sports even crossing the road is dangerous but theres a group of nutters out there who will use this sad event against us to get there own agenda threw  and stop us doing what we do 

Thing is, in days gone by we played a game of war with gats, cats, and BSA Meteors, played all Summer in the 6 weeks holidays, but I can't say I would play more than a couple of games if my opponents had HW100's,  and one dead kid is one to many, but we're up to half a dozen now, the cracks have been there a while, and the non licenced dam is going to crumble.  I feel sorry for the lads that had a dodgy start in life who picked up minor convictions from their youth, but a ban or licence is on it's way,  the subject cant be ignored now.

• Like 1

This is a tragic accident according to the police, NOT  some nutter running around shooting at kids, I really feel for the lad and his relatives, but I fail to see  how having a licence for the airgun would have avoided this, in the same way that  having a license for a shotgun, does not stop it from being lethal when misused, no I dont think this kind of sad incident will expedite air gun licensing in England.