Best looking Breed?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As close to perfection as I've ever come

I better not turn up for the fishing weekend and theres only one person with 20 personalitys! 

i ll always have a soft spot for horrid , rangy , fly old farm collies.  Probsbly the greatest canine connection we have 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, C.green said:

Not maybe someone sending there lurcher to work cover n find itself a run lol ?

It was more bull than runner mate, plus from the hill top I was on I could see for miles in all directions and it was hunting totally alone, I watched it cover several fields plus a small wood between them and not a person anywere around, 

6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Utter nonsense 

get an apbt up the highlands when the snows in and see how tough it is compared to those rescue collies?

or into a freezing solway Firth after a goose when the tide is pulling it out to Ireland like a magnet 

behave yourself 

real dog 

Lol ok so what about the apbts kept in yards in Russia 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What were you glassing for out of interest ? 

What I,m always looking for mate, ?I find quite a few things by watching animal behaviour, magpies and jays are the best at tracking, they home in on kill sites and go mental if a preditor is about, even some domestic animals like horses are very good at letting you know what's about by there behaviour, my bino,s are always on the dash or round my neck, they allow me to cover lots more ground than just walking it, 

35 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

More plausible than a Big Cat story...... ?????

Wish I could say I,ll still be around in 20/30 years mate, as I think you may possibly be the one out of the sceptics on here to do a full 180 and even have your own encounter by then, train lines like quarry,s are normally close to most sightings so your in the right place, just keep your eyes open

18 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Lol ok so what about the apbts kept in yards in Russia 

Pretty meaningless really. Work dogs in January in water and watch em wither! Water strips energy from a dog like nothing I’ve seen. It can be the difference between a dog doing an hours work or a full day.

Being ‘dead game’ means f**k all when your body is shutting down.

But then all a lot of fellas these days care for is how game a dog is... Couldn’t give a f**k for the multitude of other traits a dog needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Wish I could say I,ll still be around in 20/30 years mate, as I think you may possibly be the one out of the sceptics on here to do a full 180 and even have your own encounter by then, train lines like quarry,s are normally close to most sightings so your in the right place, just keep your eyes open

Kerney is more into fishing. He is too busy fishing for bites on here to have time for chasing pussy around the countryside. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Pretty meaningless really. Work dogs in January in water and watch em wither! Water strips energy from a dog like nothing I’ve seen. It can be the difference between a dog doing an hours work or a full day.

Being ‘dead game’ means f**k all when your body is shutting down.

But then all a lot of fellas these days care for is how game a dog is... Couldn’t give a f**k for the multitude of other traits a dog needs.

Chesapeake bay retriever would be a good example of what your talking about. Tough dogs swimming around in icy water for a full day. Apbt wouldn't last 20 minutes.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jiggy said:

Chesapeake bay retriever would be a good example of what your talking about. Tough dogs swimming around in icy water for a full day. Apbt wouldn't last 20 minutes.

True but a Chesapeake Bay retriever couldn't run around all day in the Mojave desert without overheating in a couple of minutes like my ABPT can... Hounds for grounds and all that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

True but a Chesapeake Bay retriever couldn't run around all day in the Mojave desert without overheating in a couple of minutes like my ABPT can... Hounds for grounds and all that.

Exactly , horses for courses. If everyone liked the same breed it would be a boring world.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Most of those feral dogs though seem to revert back to dingo types,sandy coloured things,if they are breeding wild in the scrub far from man for generations as they do in Australia are they ferals or are they wild?Defenition of feral is something that's living wild after escaping domesticity,generations down the line I would think they are truly wild having never known captivity?

Sorry I didn't explain myself ... Are they a separate species of dog or just mongrels that have escaped captivity and are starting to breed to type