Best looking Breed?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As close to perfection as I've ever come

I better not turn up for the fishing weekend and theres only one person with 20 personalitys! 

i ll always have a soft spot for horrid , rangy , fly old farm collies.  Probsbly the greatest canine connection we have 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

This is what happens when you let mother nature decide the evolution of the dog. Would any man made dog survive in their environment?

african-cape-hunting-dogs-chris-scroggins.jpg

But they look shite :laugh:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Feral dogs live on what they can scavenge so hardly in the same league. Without man's influence ferals wouldn't survive....

They are doing it now without man, the same as in Australia and places all over the world.

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Utter nonsense 

get an apbt up the highlands when the snows in and see how tough it is compared to those rescue collies?

or into a freezing solway Firth after a goose when the tide is pulling it out to Ireland like a magnet 

behave yourself 

real dog 

the post about best looking breed , not the most  functional  dog , in my eyes  the apbt   fit the bill , a game bred dog  at pit weight  hell of a animal to look at. But you are right  regards  farm collies , or working bred labs , that will work all day in any weather  snow, rain, damp , heat . To  me , i think the collie, and the greyhound , are  most healthiest  dogs out there , suppose thats why the  lurcher was created  out of them 1st   years ago  to make  functional  hunting dog , i not keen on collie temp,  but that just me, but there no doubting  them as   brilliant  working  animal , same as the greyhound  .

1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

They are doing it now without man, the same as in Australia and places all over the world.

I sat and watched a feral dog recently, I was on the top of a hill glassing the wood line below me with the wind on my face when I caught some movement in the tree,s I thought deer at first but kept watching as it made its way through the woods acting more like a fox than a deer, eventually a sandy brown bull X mongrel with a black saddle came out and continued checking every bush and piece of cover as it worked the field edge, I was quite impressed with how efficient it was working every bit of cover as it went ,I,ve also heard of a group of farmers in north wales that thought they  had a cat taking sheep so sat out all night and shot two mastiff type dogs that were working together taking and eating sheep,  ?

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I sat and watched a feral dog recently, I was on the top of a hill glassing the wood line below me with the wind on my face when I caught some movement in the tree,s I thought deer at first but kept watching as it made its way through the woods acting more like a fox than a deer, eventually a sandy brown bull X mongrel with a black saddle came out and continued checking every bush and piece of cover as it worked the field edge, I was quite impressed with how efficient it was working every bit of cover as it went ,I,ve also heard of a group of farmers in north wales that thought they  had a cat taking sheep so sat out all night and shot two mastiff type dogs that were working together taking and eating sheep,  ?

Not maybe someone sending there lurcher to work cover n find itself a run lol ?

My choices are a real game bred bull dog. Then theres half bred bull greyhounds and finally the Catahoulla Lepard Dog, which i've never seen in the flesh but i'm hoping to real soon...

50 minutes ago, Greyman said:

50 minutes ago, Greyman said:

More plausible than a Big Cat story...... ?????

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

I'm sure wild dogs are different to ferals though mackem

Most of those feral dogs though seem to revert back to dingo types,sandy coloured things,if they are breeding wild in the scrub far from man for generations as they do in Australia are they ferals or are they wild?Defenition of feral is something that's living wild after escaping domesticity,generations down the line I would think they are truly wild having never known captivity?

• Like 2