Best looking Breed?

22 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I clicked on here to make a comment and then saw the 1 about the 6 year old kid being killed by with an air rifle. Now I want to comment on that post but THL to me is respite. So I will remain in my comfort zone. Remain blinkered and selfish for a short while.

This thread seemed like an easy 1 to comment on. But has proved more thought provoking to me. My immediate thoughts were a working terrier and most particularity the white ones. These are the dogs that I have always liked. But...the breed that has  always stopped me in my tracks is the Scottish Deerhound. Whenever I see 1 un- expectantly in the flesh time stops still for a split second, everything goes quiet and my focus is on the dog.  Similar to un-expectantly hearing the pipes. Almost goose bumps. Must be my distant Celtic blood.

P.S. I wish that I had some personal connection to the attached image but I just borrowed it from int'net.

images (1).jpg

Think you'd be better off checking out the weed thread! ??

• Haha 2

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As close to perfection as I've ever come

I better not turn up for the fishing weekend and theres only one person with 20 personalitys! 

i ll always have a soft spot for horrid , rangy , fly old farm collies.  Probsbly the greatest canine connection we have 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Yeah I'm going to get raided for stating that I'm pro dog fighting, you've been watching too many BBC documentaries kidda.......

Doors have been chapped for less ;)

Kidda?  Lmao I have toilet paper older than you :laugh:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Boy ? I’m probably old enough to be your dad and I didn’t travle to Ireland to view game dogs I traveled to Ireland to see family , and I wouldn’t of begged for any of them . Not my cup of tea I’m afraid but one can’t choose his family or the dogs they keep . 

So you're from a family of dog fighters? I'm sure people will be keeping a close eye on you after that idiotic statement....... 

Edited by Kerny92
Just now, mushroom said:

Doors have been chapped for less ;)

Kidda?  Lmao I have toilet paper older than you :laugh:

Well i suppose the weak are easily bullied by the plod.......

Don't sweat it pup I'm sure my doors will be just fine at 5am, I'll keep you updated though don't worry. ??

1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

Think you'd be better off checking out the weed thread! ??

Ok. Will do. Constant battle with them at the moment with all this sunshine and sporadic rainfall.  

Thanks for the advice. 

• Haha 1

Let's move on from the bullsit, El Crapo if you don't like the APBT go and cry to someone else. The thread was about good looking breeds, a lot of folk on here think they are lookers. I don't want to hear your bullshit about them being ego boosters, i think that says more about your family than it does the dogs. Now you've created and got a few drama queens involved, look at what you've done will you. ?

Now let's carry on with the thread topic.........

Half sister to the other bitches, well past her best now but what a stamp !

Never won a single class let alone a show.....then again she hardly ever went to one.

She was and still is the apple of my eye, as has already been quoted "form follows function"

IMG_20161001_103735.jpg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

I think people are confusing best looking breed with the dog with the most muscles. Canine Mr universe supporters.....

What on earth are you talking about? 

What a specimen this is. ?

wendy2.png

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 19:53, Kerny92 said:

This thread isn't necessarily about working dogs. What is the best looking dog breed in your opinion?

For pure looks i think the American Akita is the ultimate canine, beautiful animal IMO.

The APBT is a close second, just pure athletic artistry. They say form follows function but they are one of the same in this breed.

Edit- They are tied IMO, both are equally stunning in their own way.

For clarity. The topic of the Thread.

• Like 2