The end of Cash

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't even want to comment but threads like this and the reply,s from many, show that total government control is only one generation away and that generation are walking blindly into it, these thin

Cash won't end but it's a digital era we live in. In the past we would always withdraw wages to pay bills and pocket money. These days we don't go near a bank on pay day. Just use our cards or phones

Always pay for stuff with cash..... Wages go in the joint account, Mrs takes care of the bills etc, any hobbles I do are for cash, fucks me off when your behind some cnut in a shop and they go through

2 hours ago, walshie said:

Must be very handy when you want to buy a stamp or tip the postman. 

Window cleaners got a chip and pin machine on his bike ?>

2 minutes ago, The one said:

Cash is king , i love asking a discount for  cash ? half the time you get something off 

If I am buying something decent I always ask for a discount,if its a few quid purchase and they see that wedge of paper psychologically its going in their pocket not back into yours,i went to hatton gardens 3 or 4 years ago with a mate,he was buying an engagement ring,if memory serves correct he got £4k? off the original price when he opened a Tesco bag he was carrying and took some notes out to negotiate,the jeweller even gave him a valuation certificate for the original price he had quoted,cash is king ;) I told the tale on here ages ago,some guy said No you cant buy anything for more than £5k cash...……………...some people are born naïve.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

The reason I say all this is that I see a strong trend of society moving away from cash entirely with no concern of the power that digital currency gives to the establishment. It's in the establishments interest to not have us using cash and so we are giving them an open goal.

The convenience is what is selling cashless for the powers that be. It lowers the cost of production, storage and logistics. Surveillance is one those things comes with the convenience and is the price you pay it. :rolleyes: Well I've got nothing to hide say the gullible... Maybe not but the right to privacy is inalienable.

Cash is simply a token of value. If you remove cash something will spring up in its place for those that don't want to fully embrace government tracking complete with its terms and conditions. They'll have their own markets and their own perceived wealth. Bullets. Beans. Duct tape. Whatever works.

Recently the Russians and Chinese have adopted to trade without using dollars which has been seen as a bold move against the Yanks. What's been very interesting, IMHO, is that the state of Texas has submitted plans to build a bullion depository for those that wish to bank their metal assets. A lot of other states (Utah especially) are following this very closely as some people simply do not trust the fed and don't want to conduct their business using Apple and Facebook.

Where there's a will there's a way.

• Like 1

Always pay for stuff with cash..... Wages go in the joint account, Mrs takes care of the bills etc, any hobbles I do are for cash, fucks me off when your behind some cnut in a shop and they go through 4/5 cards to pay a £20 fuel bill lol, cash is king around these parts?

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

If I am buying something decent I always ask for a discount,if its a few quid purchase and they see that wedge of paper psychologically its going in their pocket not back into yours,i went to hatton gardens 3 or 4 years ago with a mate,he was buying an engagement ring,if memory serves correct he got £4k? off the original price when he opened a Tesco bag he was carrying and took some notes out to negotiate,the jeweller even gave him a valuation certificate for the original price he had quoted,cash is king ;) I told the tale on here ages ago,some guy said No you cant buy anything for more than £5k cash...……………...some people are born naïve.

A mate of mine has just moved into a rented house in Cornwall, he had no end of trouble with references, credit checks and all the normal shite they do to feck you up, until he walked in with 6months rent in a carrier bag  stuck it on the table and walked out with the keys in less than 30 minutes not one check carried out, 

• Like 2
Just now, Greyman said:

A mate of mine has just moved into a rented house in Cornwall, he had no end of trouble with references, credit checks and all the normal shite they do to feck you up, until he walked in with 6months rent in a carrier bag  stuck it on the table and walked out with the keys in less than 30 minutes not one check carried out, 

I did something similar years ago in spain when we were looking for a villa with a large parking area out front so we could put a speedboat and trailer on,the perfect villa had an arch at the driveway entrance so we couldn't get the boat on,the owner saw the 6 months rent and said he would remove the arch if we paid to have it replaced at the end of the lease,voila :victory:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Cash is simply a token of value. If you remove cash something will spring up in its place for those that don't want to fully embrace government tracking complete with its terms and conditions. They'll have their own markets and their own perceived wealth. Bullets. Beans. Duct tape. Whatever works.

I'm not so confident...

I mean you are right but I'm not so sure how successful and therefor how accessible they can be. Any currency, cash or digital, requires market trust to be embraced and of course market size to be of any use. The reason for instance a modern £20 note has value is because of it's historic gold standard value, which created it's market size, and now it is free floated the governments efforts to prevent fraud maintain the market trust and critically legislation forces it's acceptance as payment for debts (ensuring market size). That all makes for a trustworthy currency.

The development of currency (any, cash or digital) as we know it has been instrumental in civilisation. Simply because under a barter economic system there are too many exchange rates to remember, which inhibits economic activity.

I'm sure non of this is new to an educated man like yourself but it is the background for the following point;

Can a form of physical (cash) currency develop independent of some sort of centralisation? I accept digital currencies are at that point, I'm just not sure cash can be? Specifically, specifically given that there is little demand for an alternative to the digital pound sterling.

Edited by Born Hunter
to add; good post otherwise!
1 hour ago, walshie said:

As said, I don't mind using a card for the odd bigger purchase, but I think cash is easier to keep control of. If I go out with £50 in my pocket and come home with £20, it's obvious I've spent £30.

If I used a card for a pack of fags, a cup of coffee, a newspaper and some chewing gum at different shops, it soon mounts up and I'd have no idea how much I'd spent till I got my next bank statement in - unless I wanted to go through loads of receipts for a quid here and 50p there. Much easier to look at the two £10 notes in my pocket. 

How can using a card be any more convenient than handing over a fiver?

My bank account is on my phone so can see it 24/7, know what's in there and no what I have. If I really need to regulate myself I could just move it to another account and only have a bit on the card on me

20 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm not so confident...

I mean you are right but I'm not so sure how successful and therefor how accessible they can be. Any currency, cash or digital, requires market trust to be embraced and of course market size to be of any use. The reason for instance a modern £20 note has value is because of it's historic gold standard value, which created it's market size, and now it is free floated the governments efforts to prevent fraud maintain the market trust and critically legislation forces it's acceptance as payment for debts (ensuring market size). That all makes for a trustworthy currency.

The development of currency (any, cash or digital) as we know it has been instrumental in civilisation. Simply because under a barter economic system there are too many exchange rates to remember, which inhibits economic activity.

I'm sure non of this is new to an educated man like yourself but it is the background for the following point;

Can a form of physical (cash) currency develop independent of some sort of centralisation? I accept digital currencies are at that point, I'm just not sure cash can be? Specifically, specifically given that there is little demand for an alternative to the digital pound sterling.

Money is now laundered through ficticous company,s carrying out ficticous services, but government is happy with the status quo as they still give the ficticous company,s a real tax bill and get there 20/40 percent cut in real money, the same thing with the change in scrap metal payments, it was rolled at as a crime prevention service so if you took stolen metal to the scrap yard they could trace you, truth is every penny paid out is now taxed and metal theft is as high as it's ever been, the noose tightens ?

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

My bank account is on my phone so can see it 24/7, know what's in there and no what I have. If I really need to regulate myself I could just move it to another account and only have a bit on the card on me

Mine is too, but a lot of these transactions don't show up for a day or two. Of course it's doable, but IMO not as convenient as looking at how much cash you have in your hand.

And certainly doesn't feel as good as having a wad of cash on you. (Obviously talking about the days before I was married.)

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

Mine is too, but a lot of these transactions don't show up for a day or two. Of course it's doable, but IMO not as convenient as looking at how much cash you have in your hand.

And certainly doesn't feel as good as having a wad of cash on you. (Obviously talking about the days before I was married.)

And the biggest scam going at the moment is people finding out you personal details then asking your phone provider for a replacement SIM card, when they have it they also have access to your bank account, so beware ?

Just in case any of you lads have any cash money you don’t want I am currently recycling old notes and will take them off you for FREE ...this includes euros , from what I’m told €500 notes are a pain to get rid of ..hope this can help some off you out ..cheers Sussex ..

ps no binos ..

• Thanks 1