It might be mad....

....but I got to try it!

I have been feeding a fox in the back field to my house.

It takes what ever I throw over the hedge.

Tonight I have tied a line to a woodie, it goes all the way to my bedroom and is tied so it rattles a wooden spoon on the radiator! I did wonder about tying it to my my Mrs big toe but that might be too noisy!!

Have any of you mad lot ever tried this crazy stunt?

U.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Because they are killing the chickens as well.

I just had to go and retie it, a horse pick the bait up and run off with it!

It's not going to work is it ☹️

Oh gotcha. I thought it was some experiment or something.  Might need a bit of fine-tuning. 

You swap places with mrs U she chucks nosh over the hedge whilst you stand by with a well known sbs of a certain type .If he or she is focusing on dinner your lead pudding will be a huge surprise for mr charles atb

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

You swap places with mrs U she chucks nosh over the hedge whilst you stand by with a well known sbs of a certain type .If he or she is focusing on dinner your lead pudding will be a huge surprise for mr charles atb

No way will she have a dead pigeon in bed with her, she ain't to happy me being in bed with her sometimes!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I just don't believe it!

The swine turned up at gone 2am.

Pokes the rifle out the window and all the scope mounted light does is illuminate the window frame and flares back at me! Fox runs off!

5:45 and the horses pull at it so I starts winching it in from the window.

It only gets stuck on next doors fence panels!!

So on go the famous PJ's and off I go before they get up.

Then when I do get the pigeon it was half eaten! The swine had been back and ate it there with out tugging the line!!

I just don't believe it!!!#@£%.....

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Underdog said:

....but I got to try it!

I have been feeding a fox in the back field to my house.

It takes what ever I throw over the hedge.

Tonight I have tied a line to a woodie, it goes all the way to my bedroom and is tied so it rattles a wooden spoon on the radiator! I did wonder about tying it to my my Mrs big toe but that might be too noisy!!

Have any of you mad lot ever tried this crazy stunt?

U.

Yep loads of times , started when I was living in the caravan while converting the barn , had foxes everywhere so with nothing to do I chucked a dead chicken out on a line tied to a  wooden spoon sitting on the table , my wife was laughing saying there’s no way they will take that , literally five minutes later the bloody thing shot across the caravan and wedged In the corner of the window ..impossible to get a shot at the time but I refined the method and shot dozens . Now living in the barn I used to set the bait tied through a loop on a stake , to stop it being pulled to the side out of view , across the garden , about twenty yards away , through the tines of the garden fork pushed in the ground , up the side of the barn , through the air vent on the window to the wooden spoon hanging about three foot down , this gives it enough room to really rattle when it pulls ..

They are double cautious to start , the window needs to be open ,  a lot of the time they pull it and back of for twenty minutes or more before they come again , sometimes though they just hang on and pull like fcuk ..this from a few years ago when we had chicken that they wanted ..over about two or three nights . Best in one night during the mating season was 5 , 

14E318EA-A035-4AE6-A2B6-C5A32BCA08A2.thumb.jpeg.ca375c35025712ccb20ace2682d6ed4e.jpeg

live lived here for fifteen years , shot a few to this method ! 

Edited to say I have a red light under the eaves of the barn I used to leave on most nights even if there wasn’t a bait out so they got used to it ..for particularly shy ones I used to tie the bait straight to the stake so they got confident about pulling it off before tying a bait to the cord ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
35 minutes ago, sussex said:

Yep loads of times , started when I was living in the caravan while converting the barn , had foxes everywhere so with nothing to do I chucked a dead chicken out on a line tied to a  wooden spoon sitting on the table , my wife was laughing saying there’s no way they will take that , literally five minutes later the bloody thing shot across the caravan and wedged In the corner of the window ..impossible to get a shot at the time but I refined the method and shot dozens . Now living in the barn I used to set the bait tied through a loop on a stake , to stop it being pulled to the side out of view , across the garden , about twenty yards away , through the tines of the garden fork pushed in the ground , up the side of the barn , through the air vent on the window to the wooden spoon hanging about three foot down , this gives it enough room to really rattle when it pulls ..

They are double cautious to start , the window needs to be open ,  a lot of the time they pull it and back of for twenty minutes or more before they come again , sometimes though they just hang on and pull like fcuk ..this from a few years ago when we had chicken that they wanted ..over about two or three nights . Best in one night during the mating season was 5 , 

14E318EA-A035-4AE6-A2B6-C5A32BCA08A2.thumb.jpeg.ca375c35025712ccb20ace2682d6ed4e.jpeg

live lived here for fifteen years , shot a few to this method ! 

Edited to say I have a red light under the eaves of the barn I used to leave on most nights even if there wasn’t a bait out so they got used to it ..for particularly shy ones I used to tie the bait straight to the stake so they got confident about pulling it off before tying a bait to the cord ...

Excellent.

That's given me some ideas.

Thanks.

My pal has taken it one stage further, he’s got some electronic gizmo that rings his phone when it gets moved , he actually set it up to shot squirrels in the garden but it would work on foxes ..I’ll try and get the low down on it ..knowing him it would cost a tidy few quid , the string and spoon method is a lot cheaper ...?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Meece said:

Don't fishermen use somethi g on their rod to tell them that there is a bite ?

We do its a bell n crock clip soon as the the line moves ting a ling time or if your posh an electronic beeper goes off.