ancestry.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always thought the genes are passed down the generations but apparently not ,mine came back 100% Scots Irish English ,my wife's came back ,English and North European ,but my daughters came back 50%

My mum has traced us back through her dad's side, all the way to John of Gaunt. Which would mean I'm decended from King Edward the 1st, except there was a rumour that Mr Gaunt was actually the love ch

It's probably not too hard to go back that far when your 400 yr old ancestors lived in the same villages we do now! LOL. We're like f***ing hobbits that never left the shire!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Wd have you ever done family trees? And if so how far back were you able to go?

Well, I can tell you it’s definitely not more than 300 years ! Lol

• Haha 1

My mum has traced us back through her dad's side, all the way to John of Gaunt. Which would mean I'm decended from King Edward the 1st, except there was a rumour that Mr Gaunt was actually the love child of a butcher from Ghent, so who knows ??‍♀️ 

One ancestor burned for heresy, one a naval officer gifted land (and slaves) in the Americas for his service. His family were loyalists, and they made a run for Canada when the Americans decided they didn't want to play with the British anymore. One of them, a young boy, was captured by Natives. He stayed with them into adulthood, had 3 wives. Anyway fast forward and here I am in England, from Canada, full circle. The stories are so interesting, if you ask me the stuff you learn when you're looking into it all is the best part ... even if it turns out that you're really descended from a burly butcher and not royalty ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1