False pregnancy

Has anybody had much experiences with false pregnancies? Got a young bitch around a year old. she came on the break around 2 months ago, for the past few weeks  her teats have swole, started to drop and generally looking slightly heavier.

shes not been near a dog, anybody know how long will last? 

Cheers

Pain in the arse, I've had terrier bitches have the same...constantly licking their teats and being a f***ing nuisance, Spayed them in the end and pet homes, can't be doing with em building nests and snapping for food or at the kids, fighting other bitches and dogs, hormonal as f**k, can't get no graft from them when their like that?if it persists then I'd visit your vet and see what they say. 

• Thanks 1

Got 2 bitches here at the moment like it.Both had a season at the same time a couple of months ago.My bandog is swollen underneath and looking a bit sloppy and out of condition and my daughters little frenchie has tits hanging so low you'd swear she'd just raised a litter.Neither of them have ever had a litter and im seriously considering having them both spayed as i dont intend having a litter from either of them.

Terriers seem particularly bad in this way. I had one bitch that let a kitten suckle her and ended up producing milk and rearing it. Another I had with a false pregnancy went out and brought home a fox cub. She was from a hard fell type strain and after 3 days she changed her mind and killed it.

My lurcher bitches often come on heat around about the start of the hunting season so I try to have them in tough hard muscle by late summer and this seems to help avoid falsies. This summer obviously wasn't the easiest to keep the bitches in hard condition but that's just the way it's cutting this year.

If yours does get milky just try and keep her fit within reason but her muscles will go soft for a while and she'll be prone to strains and sprains 'til she fittens up again so be careful. Once you know her heat cycle you can have her fit in advance. Some bitches don't even come on heat at all while in hard running condition.

• Like 2

Both my terrier bitches are the same atm. Finished their seasons over 10 weeks ago, swollen nipples, one was hanging low and I was actually praying that no dog had caught her, thankfully she's lifted back up now, but what a carry on all this female malarky is. If it's not the missus and two daugthers, it's the bitches out the back. No wonder I prefer dogs!?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Both my terrier bitches are the same atm. Finished their seasons over 10 weeks ago, swollen nipples, one was hanging low and I was actually praying that no dog had caught her, thankfully she's lifted back up now, but what a carry on all this female malarky is. If it's not the missus and two daugthers, it's the bitches out the back. No wonder I prefer dogs!?

Theyre all cranky hormonal fuckers mate.Human and canine.

• Haha 1
Just now, Rabbit Hunter said:

My digging buddy loves bitches, I'm a dog man personally, but as I've been advised 'your bitches are your future, not your dogs', and I havto agree.

Your bitches are your family.You can have a kennel full of good dogs but if nobody wants to bring their good bitch to any of them thats where it ends but if you've got a top quality bitch there will be plenty of lads willing to let you use their good dog on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah a will just have to monitor it and see how it goes, she’s not acting out of character or anything and hopefully won’t either, just starting to get her fit now. Feel like getting her spayed would b the easiest option but I would b gutted if she turned out to b what I was looking for then couldn’t breed from her.

cheers

4 hours ago, breeze said:

lurchers.... I will try that mate, got a bitch here at the minute going thru a phantom. I have used the Epsom salts before, but never heard of the vinegar part ? 

It’s an old greyhound mans trick mate and works ?

• Thanks 1