Game Fair

I was watching the weather report last night and Friday is going to be a couple of degrees cooler and much fresher so spot on for the Game Fair visit on Friday. I must admit the CLA Game Fair was going down the pan and everything was soooo expensive but we went to Ragley Hall two years ago when 'The Game Fair' had taken over the show and was impressed. We are booked in a hotel only ten minutes drive from the show so no fighting with big traffic jams.

Any of you guys going.

Phil

I don't know mate apart from a meeting place i think there times come , The one here doesn't have a terrier or lurcher show so in my eyes is little more than a country show just a day out for townies and unfortunately the stuffs that dear your far cheaper buying from the internet 

• Like 1

It looks like we might be screwed anyway as flash floods are forecast for my village so it seems like the hotel will have to be cancelled and we sit tight to be on hand if things turn bad as they have before. More bloody money down the drain.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:43, philpot said:

I was watching the weather report last night and Friday is going to be a couple of degrees cooler and much fresher so spot on for the Game Fair visit on Friday. I must admit the CLA Game Fair was going down the pan and everything was soooo expensive but we went to Ragley Hall two years ago when 'The Game Fair' had taken over the show and was impressed. We are booked in a hotel only ten minutes drive from the show so no fighting with big traffic jams.

Any of you guys going.

Phil

Good luck! :thumbs:

37 minutes ago, walshie said:

£40 to park? Is that correct? I can park for a week at Gatwick for that kind of money. 

There is In Show parking and another level of parking which you have to pay for, but there is still a vast amount of FREE parking, you just have to walk further (or get a pick up in the tractor cart!) :thumbs:

The Game Fair, back in the CLA days was always expensive, for exhibitors and visitors, I have to say, speaking personally, many years back it was one of the best run shows around, it impressed me and I enjoyed it .

Things obviously changed along the way and it sadly became unviable, the CLA lost touch somehow, I hope it can continue under the latest ownership as it is a great show! :thumbs:

Well we cancelled the hotel which we didn't have to pay anything so that was a bonus and the trip to the Game Fair with the weather showing a possible rough time over the next few days. If things pick up however, we will go down. I have to say this show is in my mind far better than the CLA and the venue is far far better. I won't be looking to buy anything in particular, just a really good day out for both of us, the rain is the real crunch however and that will dictate whether we go or not.

Normal car parking is free.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Well we cancelled the hotel which we didn't have to pay anything so that was a bonus and the trip to the Game Fair with the weather showing a possible rough time over the next few days. If things pick up however, we will go down. I have to say this show is in my mind far better than the CLA and the venue is far far better. I won't be looking to buy anything in particular, just a really good day out for both of us, the rain is the real crunch however and that will dictate whether we go or not.

Normal car parking is free.

Phil

Am I gong bonkers, didn't I go to Ragley under the CLA?

Regardless of this, I consider Blenhiem Palace the best venue ever for the Game Fair...Just my opinion, and perhaps heading this towards another thread!

The CLA of recent years as far as I know had the show for the north at Harewood house, near leeds which to me was a really crap venue and the clay shoot there was really bad, about 500mts between each area and if it rained there was never enough tracking to walk on. One of the best venues in my mind was Belvoir Castle but that was just my opinion.

I have to say The Game Fair group have done a remarkable job in a short space of time taking over the CLA show and Game Fair who were the company who took over the rights of the CLA show............................confused ???     lets leave it there.

phil