Fireplace design

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Just for reference lads ,no tradesmen needed .They can be fitted on a building notice through building control .The burner must have a minimum of 300mm clearance round it .The hearth must be of dense construction and a minimum of 300mm beyond the front of the burger. Best way to fireproof back and sides is to use glass rock ,a fireproof board that can be dabbed onto a wall then painted .plaster needs keeping away minimum of 300mm or will crack like a bitch .Those advocating no liner or bits if liner need to rethink. Chimney fires kill. Pot liners need no flu but building control can insist if no survey is available. 

51158A85-57E1-456A-ACD7-E40E70AD77D8.jpegPrefer the brick build myself but then again I’m a builder . This is ours . 

Can still get chimney fires with liners ..

id love a stove instead of my open fire , but seen as I only rent I won’t be changing it 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes in the shop

Just for reference lads ,no tradesmen needed .They can be fitted on a building notice through building control .The burner must have a minimum of 300mm clearance round it .The hearth must be of dense

This is what I've done ... I fitted a floating oak beam as a mantelpiece and used 2" angle iron for the surround.   

Posted Images

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Just for reference lads ,no tradesmen needed .They can be fitted on a building notice through building control .The burner must have a minimum of 300mm clearance round it .The hearth must be of dense construction and a minimum of 300mm beyond the front of the burger. Best way to fireproof back and sides is to use glass rock ,a fireproof board that can be dabbed onto a wall then painted .plaster needs keeping away minimum of 300mm or will crack like a bitch .Those advocating no liner or bits if liner need to rethink. Chimney fires kill. Pot liners need no flu but building control can insist if no survey is available. 

51158A85-57E1-456A-ACD7-E40E70AD77D8.jpegPrefer the brick build myself but then again I’m a builder . This is ours . 

....but how the fck do I get the cnut in!!!! If the worm doesn't work then jobs knackered! 

• Haha 2

The worm was only designed to go up, and that didn't work ?

So I flattened the end, drilled a hole for the rope and attempted to go from the top again. I cut it shorter so I didn't have more liner than I needed to wrestle with. I then stood on the chimney stack with a foot each side and twisted it. 

RESULT!!! ? 

DSC_0719.JPG

• Like 4

If its not done by Sunday I reckon she will divorce me! Sick of living in a building site! 

Just got a wooden floor to fit and that's my jobs finished till spring! Just want it done now. Any joiners want to fit my floor? It was easier to find a joiner when we had a recession ? I can do it myself but if the log burner is anything to go by it might take till crimbo 

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Well done mate, ye put effort in an got a nice result out of it? yer Masonic mates would be proud of ye??where are you putting the sacrificial alter, I mean coffee table ?

No, where was they when I was struggling on the roof....no fck em....get their own fckin alter!!!! ? 

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...