Quad/atv accidents...

When I was on yts trainee gamekeeper we had Honda big reds and some old 3 wheel trike I think it was a Honda but not 100% 

that thing was fecking lethal I slowly went down a about 6 foot bank with a small trailer of corn on the back, the front wheel went down a hole where a tree had blown over and it just rolled the trailer unhitched somehow and it rolled right over me the trike that is the trailer just stopped dead luckily 

needles to to say I sat and had a shaky roll up before heading off again to fill hoppers

Nothing serious but took over an hour to get it out. Spose i couldve been trapped under it had i not jumped off. Was too busy looking for new larson trap sites. The bike survived, speedo stopped working and spinner was f****d mind.

FB_IMG_1532375693991.jpg

FB_IMG_1532375687254.jpg

2 minutes ago, trapperman said:

When I was on yts trainee gamekeeper we had Honda big reds and some old 3 wheel trike I think it was a Honda but not 100% 

that thing was fecking lethal I slowly went down a about 6 foot bank with a small trailer of corn on the back, the front wheel went down a hole where a tree had blown over and it just rolled the trailer unhitched somehow and it rolled right over me the trike that is the trailer just stopped dead luckily 

needles to to say I sat and had a shaky roll up before heading off again to fill hoppers

Was it the old tri z? Pure death f***ing traps them 3 wheelers?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, kanny said:

I've quad biked through the jungles of Mexico and over the volcanoes of Iceland. ... fecking fanny s :laugh:

2018-07-23 21.00.56.png

I've quad biked down the streets of Malia after 10 pints and a bag of Bolivian marching powder........ ??

• Haha 3
34 minutes ago, kanny said:

Yes ?

Who quad bikes with a fuucking cat on their lap? :blink: :laugh:

Those 3 wheelers near put an end to 4 15 year old kids lives (mine included) going up the backs between Cliviger and Tod..... lol yes, we were all on it at the same time :laugh:

• Haha 1

b*****d things,i had a 400 yam kodiak,good quad you could power slide it on the road,so very easy to corner,i have a bruteforce 750cc for many yrs now,it dont like sliding on corners so its lifts up front corner,very high too,good fun tho when your going up the road on,2 wheels.

11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I am a quad instructor and only taught a course last week. 

We teach about 40 lessons on quad from basic maintenance  to escalation of driving aids , body positions  , failed ascents etc the list is endless 

rightvat the start of the course I take the lads out onto our airfield and line them up and we all gun it  the full 3km of the airstrip at max speed .

I find 99.9 %of lads when they get on they want to rag the f**k so to I get that out the way and they concentrate more afterwards rather than trying to be all sf 

we use Yamaha grizzly 450 petrols with a logic trailer. 

A mega tool for the job we need it to do 

but sometimes I can’t believe people can just get on and rag them all over without any type of training 

I was sent on a atv coarse so I could drive them on sites. It was a good bit of education but if I went by the rules of what we were taught I wouldn’t be able to drive anywhere on my farm. 

I don’t know what firm you work for but the coarse I went on was at a dealership and to be honest, the whole day was basically a sales pitch to try and sell me a crappy Can Am quad. 

Good to to see your using decent quads for your lessons. 

• Like 1

It’s Military mate ,

we build up over the course of a week until we are taking them out onto the training areas fully loaded with trailer , gap crossing tracks , artificial loads and mock casualties at night , driving with night vision devices fitted 

intensive but good 

a good basic point is to stand upright as far forward as you can with your knees bent when going up hill 

and when coming down hill sit low , atms extended wit all your weight back over the rear of the quad 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, king said:

hes lucky he jumped off looking at the bang its had.

rick mayall had a nasty 1 yrs ago.im sure 1 rolled over his head.

yeh , and they reckon , it was that accident  that took its toll, and killed him  later on . i had mate who was pattern maker , he doing a job fell of a  big type press , he fell heavy broke his arm. but  6 months later got cancer  was riddled  with it all over, died at 35 years years of age, his mom always told me that she thought it was the fall that trigger'd  it off , i think she was right  deff .!

13 minutes ago, bird said:

yeh , and they reckon , it was that accident  that took its toll, and killed him  later on . i had mate who was pattern maker , he doing a job fell of a  big type press , he fell heavy broke his arm. but  6 months later got cancer  was riddled  with it all over, died at 35 years years of age, his mom always told me that she thought it was the fall that trigger'd  it off , i think she was right  deff .!

feck 35 is no age ray.the poor lad.the body is a strange thing i think.