Quad/atv accidents...

My pal had made the fatal mistake of forgetting his quad was in 2 wheel drive coming down a steep bank and touched the brakes. His wheels locked up, bike started sliding so he jumped off and it proceeded to fly down the bank and into a gill writing it off. 

Luckily the only thing damaged and bruised is his ego ? so he will be getting a bit of stick about it over the next few weeks. 

Heres the outcome of said accident 

C4E8D726-5F9E-4BB0-9F04-7D34BA07031E.thumb.jpeg.977c8d8cfb580e0c85aa17f037756254.jpeg

has anybody else had any accidents on there quads, preferably funny story’s rather than tragic?

16 minutes ago, king said:

rick mayall had a nasty 1 yrs ago.im sure 1 rolled over his head.

Don’t think he was ever right after that accident.

Think Ozzy Osbourne came off one too..., doctor’s reckon it might have actually done his brain some good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Don’t think he was ever right after that accident.

Think Ozzy Osbourne came off one too..., doctor’s reckon it might have actually done his brain some good.

there was a programme on rik a few weeks ago.and some celebritys commented that he wasnt quite right after that bump.

i rear somewere that ozzy decided to take acid for 1yr to try and sort his head out lol.

Last year I'd done the ACL in my knee so couldn't walk far. I took the dog out for a jog beside the quad, put a tyre in a hidden ditch, rolled it onto it's side and broke my wrist. Quad and dog were fine though. :thumbs:

I was stuck under my one when it tipped backwards as I loaded it into the van with two deer tied to the back rack , no phone as I had lost it when I went into the river to save the dog a week before , 45 minutes later With the cold getting to me I put my hands in the jacket pockets to warm them up and found the smallest opinal penknife my mates grandson had given me because his mum wouldn’t let him have a knife ..able to cut the rope and drop the deer off I managed to get my leg out and right the bike ..part of my gralloching practice was to check I had all my knives and put them in the front box so I didn’t lose any ..the one time I needed one I couldn’t reach them ..the little opinal lives in my stalking jacket ..

CDAF8AE5-2540-4F3C-8CA5-61C5980E256D.thumb.jpeg.f316ae2f1b3d742f0baa18de0b388088.jpeg

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, sussex said:

I was stuck under my one when it tipped backwards as I loaded it into the van with two deer tied to the back rack , no phone as I had lost it when I went into the river to save the dog a week before , 45 minutes later With the cold getting to me I put my hands in the jacket pockets to warm them up and found the smallest opinal penknife my mates grandson had given me because his mum wouldn’t let him have a knife ..able to cut the rope and drop the deer off I managed to get my leg out and right the bike ..part of my gralloching practice was to check I had all my knives and put them in the front box so I didn’t lose any ..the one time I needed one I couldn’t reach them ..the little opinal lives in my stalking jacket ..

CDAF8AE5-2540-4F3C-8CA5-61C5980E256D.thumb.jpeg.f316ae2f1b3d742f0baa18de0b388088.jpeg

Would have been a better story if you had used the opinal to cut your own leg off ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

I stood my 2wd one on its back end, only the dog box saved me from it doing a 180 with me underneath, didn't take a pic as concerned for the dogs, they were ok as well.

Cheers, D.

9 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I stood my 2wd one on its back end, only the dog box saved me from it doing a 180 with me underneath, didn't take a pic as concerned for the dogs, they were ok as well.

Cheers, D.

some serious weight and bulk on them quads.you were lucky 

I am a quad instructor and only taught a course last week. 

We teach about 40 lessons on quad from basic maintenance  to escalation of driving aids , body positions  , failed ascents etc the list is endless 

rightvat the start of the course I take the lads out onto our airfield and line them up and we all gun it  the full 3km of the airstrip at max speed .

I find 99.9 %of lads when they get on they want to rag the f**k so to I get that out the way and they concentrate more afterwards rather than trying to be all sf 

we use Yamaha grizzly 450 petrols with a logic trailer. 

A mega tool for the job we need it to do 

but sometimes I can’t believe people can just get on and rag them all over without any type of training 

• Like 2