Bull whippet grey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I visited the litter sired by my bull whippet dog. There was some cracking pups there. The mother of the pups is nearly full greyhound just a touch of bull. She’s a top class fox bitch, owned by a ver

For anyone wondering this is my bull whippet. Worked on fox.

So I ended up taking another dog pup rather than the Bitch pup. Rambo and Django , 3/8 bull 3/8 grey 2/8 whippet. 6 weeks old

Posted Images

10 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I understand bolting to lurchers, to me a dug fox is despatched by the terrierman whilst still in the earth

And me , it's unnecessary. It was purely done because the lad wanted to try his bull/whippet when such things were legal. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Somewhereyournot said:

Nice pups. Iv always fancied bull grey whippet grey type. 

Cheers pal, they look to have good long backs and all have good feet so hopefully they throw to the strengths of the cross. 

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:36, Rabbit Hunter said:

And me , it's unnecessary. It was purely done because the lad wanted to try his bull/whippet when such things were legal. 

Here its almost a necessity for pest control,usually terrier, lurcher and shotgun.

• Like 1

Aren't Bull/Whippets for folk who are confused and don't know what exactly they want from a Lurcher?

I'm sure there's been plenty of handy dogs from such breedings but who could honestly recommend them over a Bull/Greyhound? 

6 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Aren't Bull/Whippets for folk who are confused and don't know what exactly they want from a Lurcher?

I'm sure there's been plenty of handy dogs from such breedings but who could honestly recommend them over a Bull/Greyhound? 

I wouldn’t say I’m confused as I know exactly what I want from a lurcher. 

In my case I wanted to start a proper well bred line of bull whippet greys , in order to do that I needed a well bred bull whippet that works to a high standard. Both the whippet and pits used were very well bred going from sooty Sam on the whippet side and Frisco on the pit. The bitch I crossed ace to also hunts with us and is a top class fox bitch. I’ve seen her dispatch foxes many times.

Ace suits the hunting we do to the ground and really excels in regards to where and what we hunt. So I would say that I know exactly what I want and where I am going with the breeding. 

• Like 10