Bull whippet grey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I visited the litter sired by my bull whippet dog. There was some cracking pups there. The mother of the pups is nearly full greyhound just a touch of bull. She’s a top class fox bitch, owned by a ver

For anyone wondering this is my bull whippet. Worked on fox.

So I ended up taking another dog pup rather than the Bitch pup. Rambo and Django , 3/8 bull 3/8 grey 2/8 whippet. 6 weeks old

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, 'sully' said:

I visited the litter sired by my bull whippet dog. There was some cracking pups there. The mother of the pups is nearly full greyhound just a touch of bull. She’s a top class fox bitch, owned by a very good pal. Anyway here’s the pups I picked. Dog on the right bitch on the left. They are 4 weeks old so another few weeks until they join me. 

D6C2E9D2-A07D-44B5-A5D0-EA27A35F5034.jpeg

228462CC-0EBA-43DB-801C-9F6B3543E697.jpeg

Nice them sir alrounders 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 'sully' said:

I visited the litter sired by my bull whippet dog. There was some cracking pups there. The mother of the pups is nearly full greyhound just a touch of bull. She’s a top class fox bitch, owned by a very good pal. Anyway here’s the pups I picked. Dog on the right bitch on the left. They are 4 weeks old so another few weeks until they join me. 

D6C2E9D2-A07D-44B5-A5D0-EA27A35F5034.jpeg

228462CC-0EBA-43DB-801C-9F6B3543E697.jpeg

crackers sully

• Like 1

nice pups them, and make good alrounders  with that breeding, what are they just bit more than 1/4 pit , to whippet and grey,?  what will they make   23-25in   50-65lb   there abouts ?

26 minutes ago, bird said:

nice pups them, and make good alrounders  with that breeding, what are they just bit more than 1/4 pit , to whippet and grey,?  what will they make   23-25in   50-65lb   there abouts ?

They work out roughly 3/8 bull and the rest is whippet grey so should make about 24/25 tts pal

39 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Tidy pups, the one Bull/Whippet I seen work had endless heart but didn't have the weight or power to be an all out fox killer. The added Greyhound in your pups should help with that. Good luck.

The few ive seen including the litter i bred years ago were exactly the same mate.To be honest they lacked that extra bit of speed to be really efficient fox catchers too.

On 23/07/2018 at 15:19, bird said:

14 minutes ago, downsouth said:

The few ive seen including the litter i bred years ago were exactly the same mate.To be honest they lacked that extra bit of speed to be really efficient fox catchers too.

IMAG0466.thumb.jpg.2f0c443f0936c7c4984c014255e8a82d.jpg

19 minutes ago, downsouth said:

It's true mate, the same one I mentioned I seen get dragged the full length of a field by a yearling Roe buck before getting kicked off, an hour later we dug a fox with the terrier I had off you and try as it might, the same Bull/Whippet could do nothing with it. The lad who had it used to like me going out lamping with him, just because my lurcher could catch them no problem and his lurcher would then see some work.

6 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

It's true mate, the same one I mentioned I seen get dragged the full length of a field by a yearling Roe buck before getting kicked off, an hour later we dug a fox with the terrier I had off you and try as it might, the same Bull/Whippet could do nothing with it. The lad who had it used to like me going out lamping with him, just because my lurcher could catch them no problem and his lurcher would then see some work.

The ones i bred had all the heart in the world but to be fair it was pretty cruel to leave them to their own devices on a fox as it was a pretty horrible drawn out affair.They even used to struggle to catch rabbits off of decent slips.They deffinately need that bit of greyhound in there to make them really efficient at anything.

• Like 2