The results have been generally good for him yes but relative to last year Bottas is giving him all he can handle in qualifying. Bottas is out of the title challenge now so he needs to take points off Ferrari for Hamilton. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hamilton is an exceptional driver and has matured a lot over the last few years ... I hope he goes on to at least equal Schumacher’s record .........

Would have been nice , sadly nice don’t cut the mustard in F1..no show of elation from Hamilton as he knows it was gifted but every team would have done the same and every driver would be expected to

Terrific win and result for Hamilton today with Vettel back in fourth. 

It says it all about how a team thinks when Hamilton has been given a 2 year contract worth £80,000,000 and botas has been given a year with a get out clause .........

• Like 1

Brilliant drive from Hamilton today, it looked a lost cause for him on Friday. If it wasn't for the rain he would have done well to qualify in the top 3. His tyre management was very impressive and won the race comfortably, Vettel with a damage limitation day. He will be gutted though as he had the pace to walk a dry weekend.

5 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Would have been a blessing but would prefer to win it on merit rather than through the misfortunes of others.

Whoever wins the World Championship does it on Merit (and a brilliant team behind them).

I have thought about this historically...……………. he only won because XXX blew their engine...…...he only won because YYY crashed out and got injured...… he only won because he was lucky...…...he only won because ZZZ ???????????????????....and so it goes!

I take the simple attitude now that what comes around goes around, and the season is long, at the end of the season the best driver/team won!

:thumbs:

25 minutes ago, Deker said:

Whoever wins the World Championship does it on Merit (and a brilliant team behind them).

I have thought about this historically...……………. he only won because XXX blew their engine...…...he only won because YYY crashed out and got injured...… he only won because he was lucky...…...he only won because ZZZ ???????????????????....and so it goes!

I take the simple attitude now that what comes around goes around, and the season is long, at the end of the season the best driver/team won!

I don't necessarily agree with this but fair point, 2016 is an example but then again although Hamilton was the faster driver that season he still should have won it despite the problems he had with the car. He messed plenty of starts up that season although the procedure might have been more down to the engineers than him.

44 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I don't necessarily agree with this but fair point, 2016 is an example but then again although Hamilton was the faster driver that season he still should have won it despite the problems he had with the car. He messed plenty of starts up that season although the procedure might have been more down to the engineers than him.

James Hunt only won the world championship because Nikki Louder crashed out (and nearly died) then called it a day in the rain at the end of the season when he might still have won the World championship.    A Certain Michael Schumacher alledidly took out a rival to win a World championship, and there are many other examples.    Teams play TEAM tactics to win the World Championship (even when they were not allowed to).   A subject that could, no doubt, be debated long and hard.

What makes the best driver/team...the one that wins at the end of the season!   :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2
Just now, Deker said:

James Hunt only won the world championship because Nikki Louder crashed out (and nearly died) then called it a day in the rain at the end of the season when he might still have won the World championship.    A Certain Michael Schumacher alledidly took out a rival to win a World championship, and there are many other examples.    Teams play TEAM tactics to win the World Championship (even when they were not allowed to).   A subject that could, no doubt, be debated long and hard.

What makes the best driver/team...the one that wins at the end of the season!   :laugh::thumbs:

Yep i could raise up tons of examples, Schumacher would have certainly won the 99 season had his brakes not failed at Silverstone which broke his legs when he crashed. 

5 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Yep i could raise up tons of examples, Schumacher would have certainly won the 99 season had his brakes not failed at Silverstone which broke his legs when he crashed. 

…..anyway, Hamiltons a cocky git with an attitude!

Just now, Deker said:

…..anyway, Hamiltons a cocky git with an attitude!

I'm is biggest fan and love him behind the wheel, haven't missed a race since he's been in the sport but i agree. He's getting stranger and stranger with each passing year, he's obviously a confused guy and winds me up like mad but he's the man! ?

9 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Niki Lauda is in a critical condition after having a lung transplant. A legend of sport and made of steel.

How the fcukhe got out of that car alive , given the last rites and still lined up on the grid six  weeks later wants some believing ..if anyone can pull through that op it will be him ..get well soon .. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sussex said:

How the fcukhe got out of that car alive , given the last rites and still lined up on the grid six  weeks later wants some believing ..if anyone can pull through that op it will be him ..get well soon .. 

Just shows the strength of the mans character, didn't know but he's already had two kidney transplants around 20 years ago. I hope he pulls through and we see him back soon.

Edited by Kerny92
  • Like 2