14 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Wouldn’t bother mate tried that .dont last too long get your self down truck yard get a steel wheel off a artic truck.

Funny enough I got one of those down the allotment it’s pretty rusted an split though .

my original plan was to turn that drum into a planter ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got a battery operated rotisary, it's meant to go over a camp fire but a little messing and it goes over the Barbie, boned stuffed with apples and jerk past then rolled belly of pork, on the left

Well the spit arrived so I decided to use it on my half barrel BBQ so I welded some hollow steel tubes to the legs with drilled holes and 8 mill bolts so that I can higher and lower the spit dependant

I will say food does taste better cooked over a open fire and every meal i ate for a couple of years when i had a bow top wagon i cooked on a open fire but i just can't cope with the taste of smoked s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Wow how lucky you were living in a bow top mate I tip my cap to you ??

It wasn't easy at times and there are so much easier ways to live,but by feck i miss the simplicity of it for sure..

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Funny enough I got one of those down the allotment it’s pretty rusted an split though .

my original plan was to turn that drum into a planter ?

I’ve burnt two of them out .the truck wheel I have is 4 year old and looks fine . I welded two horse shoes on for handles 

24 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

A mate of mine has got two the same models and he does pork belly side on them and venison leg on them at bbq . There good for price .

Reduced from £100 down to £40 at the moment as well mate so even better value 

24 minutes ago, fireman said:

It wasn't easy at times and there are so much easier ways to live,but by feck i miss the simplicity of it for sure..

any pics of your old vardo mate.i once swapped a rabbit for a lurcher from a lad who was living in a vardo.he was telling me about putting worms in flour for a few days before frying them.he also had like a cauldren pot on a tripod suspended over a fire.

2 hours ago, king said:

any pics of your old vardo mate.i once swapped a rabbit for a lurcher from a lad who was living in a vardo.he was telling me about putting worms in flour for a few days before frying them.he also had like a cauldren pot on a tripod suspended over a fire.

I haven't and it was a home made open lot,a bow top but with canvas as a door rather than wooden ends with a wooded door as such,as for worms in flour don't believe everything your told and i also has fire irons but not a tripod as there to heavy to lug about all the time...

2 hours ago, fireman said:

I haven't and it was a home made open lot,a bow top but with canvas as a door rather than wooden ends with a wooded door as such,as for worms in flour don't believe everything your told and i also has fire irons but not a tripod as there to heavy to lug about all the time...

ive never heard of doing that with worms before it sounded a bit mad.bet it was cold in the winter was it.

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

@king Have a look at Lodge's Dutch Ovens for campfire cooking with solid fuel. :thumbs:

i seen whittingstall cooking jacket potatoes in 1 on 1 of his programmes.looked a good bit of kit chris.

• Like 1
Just now, king said:

ive never heard of doing that with worms before it sounded a bit mad.bet it was cold in the winter was it.

Had a good wood burner that kept in over night so just as warm as any home really and stoke the fire up and i could have the tarp pulled back and have a open end/lot out into the world and be cosy warm inside..The worse weather is constant rain as it puts the outside fire out and  just makes everything hard work,the cold is easy,put on a coat or put a log on the fire..

7 minutes ago, fireman said:

Had a good wood burner that kept in over night so just as warm as any home really and stoke the fire up and i could have the tarp pulled back and have a open end/lot out into the world and be cosy warm inside..The worse weather is constant rain as it puts the outside fire out and  just makes everything hard work,the cold is easy,put on a coat or put a log on the fire..

ah yea thinking about thats spot on.fair play for living in 1 though.

• Like 1