thats the best missed minute of his life

from a moms point of view .

Thats a very power full sentence i wonder how many moms have thought that 

i know its just a tv program

but from a moms point of view it must make them think and worry 

my son is 22 and still talks of trying again but his mom say,s NO

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

You can’t think like that pal . 

Your son could be knocked of his bike on the way to work or get a sneaky punch on a night out , or get into a car with his mate who’s had one too many. 

Its all conjecture. 

There’s a whole swathe of new ideas sweeping across the army , all the old hat ideas are being blown away by a fresh look at command , the importance of a lightweight mobile force and all the fitness is being assessed and unified regardless of age / gender etc. 

I did two tours in Helmand with 16 AA brigade, one attached to 3 para and the USMC , one to the royal Irish ☘️ in both those tours lads sadly didn’t come home in quite “acceptable “ numbers. 

Now this isn’t any form of elitism but sometimes , theirs jobs tasks that only an airborne brigade can carry out. That’s why we went to nad south , other battle groups  weren’t capable of what those in 16 achieved.

in short , if your son was was to join the maroon machine , don’t think of it as a bad thing . Think of it as a honour 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, j j m said:

i think your life is mapped out for you the day your born

i think you might right mate , they say we all take the route  we want , but do we really  .?  the way i as child, teenager, man , dont think it have been any different , prob if  there lot of money involved , i poss be different bloke to what i am now, but maybe not lol  

2 hours ago, j j m said:

i think your life is mapped out for you the day your born

I don't believe in fate mate,i have a friend who always says everything happens for a reason,i think experiences and people can sway you this way or that and determine which path you follow when there are several available to you,we all get to crossroads in life but I think its the individual who decides which path to follow.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, mackem said:

I don't believe in fate mate,i have a friend who always says everything happens for a reason,i think experiences and people can sway you this way or that and determine which path you follow when there are several available to you,we all get to crossroads in life but I think its the individual who decides which path to follow.

I agree. Think of all the forks in the road you've come to over the years. Each one needs a decision. Think of the countless possibilities of reaching where you are today by chance.

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

I agree. Think of all the forks in the road you've come to over the years. Each one needs a decision. Think of the countless possibilities of reaching where you are today by chance.

I can't like that Walshie so have a :thumbs:

I'm not superstitious by any stretch of the word. I don't believe there is any kind of plan to life but I do believe where we are right now is the culmination of every life decision you've ever made. I'm genuinely happy with my circumstances so I don't look back too far while the future looks so inviting.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, walshie said:

Think of all the forks in the road you've come to .................................of reaching where you are today by chance.

Wish I had taken the left fork that time instead of the right :cray:

I have nothing but respect for everyone in our armed forces , but I have none for the spineless bastarsd who dictate where they go , look at Blair and those who died on his Lie , he actually faced parents of some who'd died and had to act he looked bothered I literally despise that man . 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You can’t think like that pal . 

Your son could be knocked of his bike on the way to work or get a sneaky punch on a night out , or get into a car with his mate who’s had one too many. 

Its all conjecture. 

There’s a whole swathe of new ideas sweeping across the army , all the old hat ideas are being blown away by a fresh look at command , the importance of a lightweight mobile force and all the fitness is being assessed and unified regardless of age / gender etc. 

I did two tours in Helmand with 16 AA brigade, one attached to 3 para and the USMC , one to the royal Irish ☘️ in both those tours lads sadly didn’t come home in quite “acceptable “ numbers. 

Now this isn’t any form of elitism but sometimes , theirs jobs tasks that only an airborne brigade can carry out. That’s why we went to nad south , other battle groups  weren’t capable of what those in 16 achieved.

in short , if your son was was to join the maroon machine , don’t think of it as a bad thing . Think of it as a honour 

I was as proud as punch of him for even trying

But im his dad not him mother .

But is it different for the dads or do we just hide our feelings better

im not going to lie i did think of some thing happening to him once he did his training and he was posted to where ever

but from a mothers point of view it must be frightening

and worrying for them .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

12 minutes ago, lanesra said:

I have nothing but respect for everyone in our armed forces , but I have none for the spineless bastarsd who dictate where they go , look at Blair and those who died on his Lie , he actually faced parents of some who'd died and had to act he looked bothered I literally despise that man . 

Just got told of a lad who was in two wars and was discharged on medical grounds

just pushed out spent months on the streets living ruff

no money no job .

his granny found out and went looking for him she turned him around now has a job and a new house

his granny not the Army or the fecking government his granny

like the the mother say,d

last night

I GAVE THE ARMY MY TWO BOYS THEY GAVE ME A FLAG

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

What more can you want out of life? You're already an international Jetsetter,

You jammy twat! ??

? Times are hard mate,i cant afford avgas for the Lear nowadays ? I have just booked flights to Canada...………...on a commercial airline ? I think there might be other people on the flight beside the missus and our pilot ? the shame of it ?

• Haha 4
11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

no wonder ye have tae ruff it with the common folk ?

No mate....NO!Dont set up a crowdfund or GoFundMe for our travel...………..we are turning left when we board ?

I have every respect for our armed forces, and would do everything I could to protect my family, but personally, I'm not keen on some politician sitting at a polished desk, in his pristine suit and drinking Perrier water, telling world how grateful he is for my sacrifice!

:thumbs:

• Like 1