Single shot pcp v multi shot pcp

I was watching a very well known air gun hunter on you tube just the other night and without being prompted he stated, " I much prefer the single shot pcp, as you get better accuracy".

My initial thought was,- " did I hear that right" ?

I re-wound, played it again and yes, that was said.

Anyone any thoughts/ experience on this  ?

atb  Mark.

Some of the spring loaded mags are a bit savage on some rifles mark, I’ve had them in the same gun same pellet and different poi with two different mags!

Some of them scrub the heads on loading too if there not aligned 100%and that’s there flyer disclaimer ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

I was watching a very well known air gun hunter on you tube just the other night and without being prompted he stated, " I much prefer the single shot pcp, as you get better accuracy".

My initial thought was,- " did I hear that right" ?

I re-wound, played it again and yes, that was said.

Anyone any thoughts/ experience on this  ?

atb  Mark.

Next time I'm on the permission I,ll try the 100yd shit shot challenge with the hw100 with single shot pellet tray see if it makes a difference from mag fed... ? 

If you watch Matt Manning he only uses single shot in his daystates ,  I know a lot say daystates are more accurate with single shot , so  why buy a multi shot gun in the first place if they are that bad 

theoben mags mess up the skirts of soft pellets 100% you have to weaken the spring in the mag to use jsb . aa ., hw 100 seem ok . mags are good shooting at night but if you have time in day light single shot is great . with single shot you can decock the gun . With my verminator M1 I can reload a few pellets into the mag and never take it out of the gun so I have always got 5 shots ready to go .yes single shot should be more accurate but some guns may have good mags that dont damage pellets at all .

My HM is better hand loaded. But it maybe a confidence thing. I know every pellet is seated spot on. With the magazine, even though they no doubt are, the thought is there that they may not be. Really though it’s makes no difference. But confidence breads good consistent shooting. So I’m all for it single shot. Especially on the course or in comps. 

9 hours ago, Rez said:

My HM is better hand loaded. But it maybe a confidence thing. I know every pellet is seated spot on. With the magazine, even though they no doubt are, the thought is there that they may not be. Really though it’s makes no difference. But confidence breads good consistent shooting. So I’m all for it single shot. Especially on the course or in comps. 

Where have you been lately ? 

8 minutes ago, si brown said:

Instaweb superstar now ?

92B03307-6528-4AFE-AFF7-FB69EA5947CB.thumb.png.05bc9aa9a827763d2898ff31578d939c.png

I see he has been nicking our hunting photos again

O sorry its only one rabbit it must be his

he cant shoot more than one

:rofl:

heres how real hunters do rezmond

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P150513_08.28.jpg

fSrOWe7aTFK9o7OuquY3bg.thumb.jpg.2c5c0f9467c8be9f9a7ec2652686c274.jpg

P070513_00.44.jpg

P070513_02.11.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I believe they can scuff the skirt on certain pellets when loading into the breech. another thought is that if you single load, you have to reset and sort yourself out for every shot where the temptation with a high capacity mag, is to blat away. I'm a bit prone to this myself.

Ha ? ya bellends. I’m still about. Always check up on the new content and stuff. Just nothing to add. But know I should post more. Plenty of new members joined these days.

Only take as many as I can eat or store for a couple of days. My perms aren’t festering so one or two are fine for me. There’s enough about mind, but I try to just manage the amount of rabbits rather than lower it. Not taken any young ones this season, well, one. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Rez said:

Ha ? ya bellends. I’m still about. Always check up on the new content and stuff. Just nothing to add. But know I should post more. Plenty of new members joined these days.

Only take as many as I can eat or store for a couple of days. My perms aren’t festering so one or two are fine for me. There’s enough about mind, but I try to just manage the amount of rabbits rather than lower it. Not taken any young ones this season, well, one. 

Hope your still looking after my 97 rezmond

i will own that rifle one day lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: