Pups got a swollen ear

Common in terriers. Drain it and give them the free run of the house. Work very well if your not getting on very well with her in doors. 

A few pricks from a needle to help drain it and some anti-biotic applied will cure most swollen ears caused by a playful bite or a thorn.

When I was a pup my father gave me many's a swollen ear.

I wouldn't drain it if your not a 100% sure what it is. You can make matter's worse. I knew there was a pimple like matter there and knew it felt like adema, why because i seen this quiet a few times over the year's. The pimple bump was a bite and not from your dog's. Tic or insect. And i also told you it would probably go away on its own but to play it safe to give a broad spectrum anti. I was right on what i asked and i was obviously right about it going away on it's own. You never poke or cut into something you are not 100% sure of unlees you wanna take a chance of making it worse. Can't believe neil your a older dog man and told him to drain it not knowing forsure what happened. Sorry but bad advice coming from a so called veteran in dog's. Maybe your getting to old and should stay on the porch! That's were the old dog's like to hang out. Hahaha

1 hour ago, Ace Boone coon said:

I wouldn't drain it if your not a 100% sure what it is. You can make matter's worse. I knew there was a pimple like matter there and knew it felt like adema, why because i seen this quiet a few times over the year's. The pimple bump was a bite and not from your dog's. Tic or insect. And i also told you it would probably go away on its own but to play it safe to give a broad spectrum anti. I was right on what i asked and i was obviously right about it going away on it's own. You never poke or cut into something you are not 100% sure of unlees you wanna take a chance of making it worse. Can't believe neil your a older dog man and told him to drain it not knowing forsure what happened. Sorry but bad advice coming from a so called veteran in dog's. Maybe your getting to old and should stay on the porch! That's were the old dog's like to hang out. Hahaha

Thanks for the advice, I'll take it on board and forget about what I;ve always done.

The dog doesn’t need antibiotics, it has an immune system that’s more than capable of dealing with a bite, unless it has an allergy, in which case antihistamines would be the choice. People are too quick to just jab a dog with antibiotics just in case when really they’re not a precautionary measure.

• Like 4