Pups got a swollen ear

Not long got back from walkibg the dogs and the little bitch pup has got a swollen ear she yelps if you touch it or any thing could it be a wasp/nettles or is it the pups playing to ruff I had a look in there and there is nothing stuck that I can see and no cuts or thorns if it don't go down by tomorrow I tho k gona have to go the vets 

20180721_201804.jpg

20180721_201812.jpg

56 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Looks like maybe both? Is so does it stink? And if not is there something there that kind looks like a pimple head or dot?

No didn't smell at all and has only come up since the walk say 3-4hours ago and I can't see any sort of cut or bite and she's completely fine in herself just helps if it's touched there is a small pimple aswell I have just noticed like a bit there is no thorn 

Edited by Mr r3d
28 minutes ago, Mr r3d said:

No didn't smell at all and has only come up since the walk say 3-4hours ago and I can't see any sort of cut or bite and she's completely fine in herself just helps if it's touched there is a small pimple aswell I have just noticed like a bit there is no thorn 

I know this sounds stupid but do you have ticks where your from? Here in the states that pimple could mean a tick bite or a bite from something else. It probably feels like a water pocket im assuming. I'd hit the pup with a wide spectrum antibiotic. Maybe some amoxicillin for a few day's and see what happens. If the pup isn't feeling down that's what i would try and clean it real good with peroxide and don't let the pup by the other dog's incase the other dog's irritate it by playing to ruff.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

I know this sounds stupid but do you have ticks where your from? Here in the states that pimple could mean a tick bite or a bite from something else. It probably feels like a water pocket im assuming. I'd hit the pup with a wide spectrum antibiotic. Maybe some amoxicillin for a few day's and see what happens. If the pup isn't feeling down that's what i would try and clean it real good with peroxide and don't let the pup by the other dog's incase the other dog's irritate it by playing to ruff.

Yeh that's what I'm gona do can I use regular antiseptic cream on her we do have ticks but she is treated once a month for fleas tics and worms from vet it does feel like there is some fluid in there and it's very tender I have kept her on her own she is eating done but is sulking cause it hurts

Antiseptic cream won't hurt but i don't think it will matter much because it's internal. I thought you might have ticks because the same thing happens over here. Some antis will do the job and it very well may go away on it's own but better safe then sorry. Even though you give flea and tick meds doesn't mean they won't get bitten. When i go into the woods i also use a good tick spray for extra precaution because there nasty little fucks. Do not try and drain it unless you really feel you have to and at that point take him in. Good luck and keep us posted. Hope this helped.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Antiseptic cream won't hurt but i don't think it will matter much because it's internal. I thought you might have ticks because the same thing happens over here. Some antis will do the job and it very well may go away on it's own but better safe then sorry. Even though you give flea and tick meds doesn't mean they won't get bitten. When i go into the woods i also use a good tick spray for extra precaution because there nasty little fucks. Do not try and drain it unless you really feel you have to and at that point take him in. Good luck and keep us posted. Hope this helped.

Yh she didn't seem in as much pain now it's still swollen but she is letting me look and it does seem to have gone down a little could be a horse flu one of them got me last year my leg and hand both ballooned